amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Good to know, I was hoping it would not be like the transmission in my RAV4 (“I’m sorry you wanted me to downshift? Well I don’t wanna”).

Decent fuel economy I hope? Is the infotainment that touchpad thing everyone moans about?
I don't think the V6 Camry or Lexus suffer from this issue as they have more power available. I was talking to a co-worker who has the IS 300 with the 3.5L V6 and 8-speed, he does not have the gear hunting issue. The inline 4 Camrys and your RAV4 do more gear hunting because of less power available and trying to use the higher gears for fuel economy.

Fuel economy sucks with this car. I have been averaging around 19 mpg. But I knew that getting into it. I can live with it because thankfully I don't have a car payment. Because it's a 2010, I don't have the touchpad. The Infotainment system screen is definitely outdated looking, but the touchscreen is responsive. Backup camera screen is OK. It has navigation built in, but of course it has not been updated in awhile and you need a subscription to get the updates. I just mount my phone and use Google Maps for navigation
Sponsored