It's been months since the 2016 civic has come out. What's everybody experience like now?

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think Honda is fully aware of the shortcomings on the Civic.. they would likely say go buy a ILX which has all the missing features we want. However, that being said, you have to compare the 10th gen Civic to outgoing 9th gens and you'll soon realize how much MORE the Civic can do.. It would have been nice to see Honda match the ILX in the feature set area though. Lack of seat memory is getting on my nerves. It feels like I never get my seat back to where it was after someone else plays around with my buttons.
Sponsored

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually other annoyances is body panels and body molding (around windows, etc) do not match up from front door to back doors, to windows, etc..

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Was originally considering many cars before going with the Civic but I have no regrets. The amount of tech and the interior of this car sold it for me and the exterior is also no slouch. I had a 2004 EX 6-speed in college and thought that was nice, but this 10th gen is just so much more. Personally I think Honda intentionally left out some of the higher end things to not completely kill all sales of the ILX even though I'm sure those are slowing with people seeing how much more they get for the price with these new Civics.

Also, on the volume knob thing that a lot of people complain about, how often are you guys changing the volume that it's a thing that stands out for you? I may be one of the weird people that just kind of sets it where it is and leaves it there but when I do need to change the slider/buttons on the wheel and the slider/tap on the screen work just fine.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I've had my Civic for close to 4 months and it's been mostly excellent. I especially love all the technology in the car. Every passenger I have had has commented on how many gadgets the car has.

My two small issues: the rain sensing wipers don't work well (well documented in another thread), and one of my rear window defroster lines doesn't work. I'm hoping to get both of those problems fixed under warranty soon.

I also just today had my first Honda Sensing failure, specifically a "false positive" with the Collision Mitigation Braking System. I was driving on a road that was hilly and in poor shape (lots of cracks and potholes). No car in front of me. Very suddenly, the CMBS beeped and applied the brakes for a split-second. Luckily no one was behind me. It was quite a jolt and has me a little worried. I wonder if the conditions of the road confused the CMBS. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Moonlit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I have the LX and it still has a volume knob! Very few times you get rewarded for paying less but this is one of the times that I was happy with a missing item in a lower trim.

georgewny

66 Stang / 80 Triumph TR7 Spider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Shelby GT350H convertible clone (black n gold), '07 Honda Odyssey EX (blue), '11 BMW 335IX (diamond sapphire black), '14 Mercedes C300 Pearl White, '16 Honda Civic EX w Sensing (rallye red)
Moonlit, plus you could have gotten the much coveted standard transmission too, many on this forum including me would have opted for that, not only does it save you dollars, it also makes the car a hella lot more fun to drive too!

Moonlit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
True! It's interesting the decisions carmakers make about what goes in the base model.

Always

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Has it surpassed your expectations?

Good & Bad experiences?

I'd like to hear owner's thoughts on their car now.
Other day went shopping in my brand new Honda Civic 2016 EX parked in the covered parking lot. Came back after an hour car wont start got all error messages couldn't release parking brake, foot brake were jammed. Called roadside emergency for tow away to nearest honda dealer. They couldn't figure out why car won't start and brakes wouldn't release. All they did was unplugged the battery and plugged it back on and it worked. I am now worried sick to drive this new car anywhere not knowing what is the problem. Any one with similar experience?
Sponsored