amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
KTuner is a gateway mod. Soon you'll be doing the hardcore stuff. Nevertheless, welcome to the club. :headbang:
That's why I don't smoke pot! You know what they say about gateways.....
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong... but you'll have to upgrade your clutch now? I think that tuner will wear out your stock one pretty quick (or so I've read).
Stock clutch on base maps is fine. Dont mash the throttle in 5th or 6th gear from a low rpm and you wont slip. Sometimes you can glaze the clutch but if you drive normal after a slight slip it will fix itself. If you add ethanol you will have a more likely chance to slip but as with any mod/clutch, ymmv

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
If you go above 22 psi, then the clutch will start slipping and you will need to move to a stage 1. 22 psi and under and the clutch should be able to handle it
22 psi which peak torque has and how many laps?

what is the limit of the clutch? talking about torque

someone can answer, maybe derrek or ktuner

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hadn't had a problem with the basemaps... even with a trickle more ignition timing added for 6 months. I haven't had any clutch issues after 5-6 months on the TSP stage 1 with even more timing and at 24.5#. @dallasjhawk is on the money. If you're not slipping... then I don't see how excessive wearing or glazing of your clutch's friction material is occurring... and I don't see the clutch just randomly tapping out. Now if you're launching the car a lot or trying ot push the car hard in your highest gears rather than downshifting... yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the stock clutch doesn't hold the ~50% extra torque you can get from a basemap. TSP Stage 1 is a 70% bump.

I'm not saying people haven't experienced a slipping clutch under a variety of conditions to include stock (at least stock on a dyno), with a basemap, a hotter reflash like Vit's or the TSP 1 or 2... but there's also a lot of us who have been fine for a pretty long time at this point. Just another "you might be just fine" datapoint.

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
22 psi which peak torque has and how many laps?

what is the limit of the clutch? talking about torque

someone can answer, maybe derrek or ktuner
People who have experienced clutch slipping, it was usually in 5th or 6th gear going WOT using KTUNER starter 23 psi. When they went back to +18 the slipping went away. I have not experienced this myself, this is what I read in a few different forums. Others that have experience can give you better information

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hadn't had a problem with the basemaps... even with a trickle more ignition timing added for 6 months. I haven't had any clutch issues after 5-6 months on the TSP stage 1 with even more timing and at 24.5#. @dallasjhawk is on the money. If you're not slipping... then I don't see how excessive wearing or glazing of your clutch's friction material is occurring... and I don't see the clutch just randomly tapping out. Now if you're launching the car a lot or trying ot push the car hard in your highest gears rather than downshifting... yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the stock clutch doesn't hold the ~50% extra torque you can get from a basemap. TSP Stage 1 is a 70% bump.

I'm not saying people haven't experienced a slipping clutch under a variety of conditions to include stock (at least stock on a dyno), with a basemap, a hotter reflash like Vit's or the TSP 1 or 2... but there's also a lot of us who have been fine for a pretty long time at this point. Just another "you might be just fine" datapoint.
Yeah I will probably keep to a more modest tune honestly and who really WOT's in 5th or 6th gear anyways not me that is for sure... I do not expect I will see slippage, but if need be I will drop a clutch in it.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Yeah I will probably keep to a more modest tune honestly and who really WOT's in 5th or 6th gear anyways not me that is for sure... I do not expect I will see slippage, but if need be I will drop a clutch in it.
From the posts I have seen on this forum, A lot of people floor it in high gears. No one ever even told me not to floor it in high gears when I learned to drive a stick. I just naturally knew that was not a good idea. If you change your Down Pipe and fun a tune, I believe the risk increases.
I have TSP Stage 1 tune with DP/FP and CAI. I can tell my clutch does not always hold the power. My stock clutch still bites pretty hard in third. I loose some power in second but I think it is my shitty all season stock tires not gripping the road. All this being said, I have had the Tune for about a half year and my clutch is still holding strong. I punch it hard on back roads almost daily. Shift properly and you should be good for a while. Plus the stock clutch is blah, I cant wait to switch to a new aftermarket one!

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From the posts I have seen on this forum, A lot of people floor it in high gears. No one ever even told me not to floor it in high gears when I learned to drive a stick. I just naturally knew that was not a good idea. If you change your Down Pipe and fun a tune, I believe the risk increases.
I have TSP Stage 1 tune with DP/FP and CAI. I can tell my clutch does not always hold the power. My stock clutch still bites pretty hard in third. I loose some power in second but I think it is my shitty all season stock tires not gripping the road. All this being said, I have had the Tune for about a half year and my clutch is still holding strong. I punch it hard on back roads almost daily. Shift properly and you should be good for a while. Plus the stock clutch is blah, I cant wait to switch to a new aftermarket one!
Yeah this will be the only modification I make... if I can keep from dropping $1k in upgrades to keep the tune I will, but if it needs to happen I can do it no problem...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do it and never look back! You wont regret it the best $449 ever
I'm shopping around now, looking through the forums but cant find much. What do you recommend?

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm shopping around now, looking through the forums but cant find much. What do you recommend?
What do you mean "what do you recommend"? Where to buy it? I got mine from MAPreformance through Amazon oddly enough.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited: