NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner is a gateway mod. Soon you'll be doing the hardcore stuff. Nevertheless, welcome to the club. :headbang:

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
ditto.

i bought my car and told myself id leave it stock. then i joined this forum..........................

i bought many mods just because i saw a thread on it here lol.

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner is a gateway mod. Soon you'll be doing the hardcore stuff. Nevertheless, welcome to the club. :headbang:
After this I am putting a hard stop on the mods.... no really lol. I have always thought the car needed just a little more power ever since I bought it. After reading all the good things about the ECU flashes I really could not resist.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After this I am putting a hard stop on the mods.... no really lol. I have always thought the car needed just a little more power ever since I bought it. After reading all the good things about the ECU flashes I really could not resist.
Yep, if you are only doing one mod, this is it for sure! Best bang for the buck. If you do a second, do the flex fuel kit. Then you will really love the power of the civic

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, if you are only doing one mod, this is it for sure! Best bang for the buck. If you do a second, do the flex fuel kit. Then you will really love the power of the civic
Yeah, I'm buying my wife a KTuner just because of how slow the stock Si is. But that'll be all mod wise for her car.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I'm buying my wife a KTuner just because of how slow the stock Si is. But that'll be all mod wise for her car.
It really is hard to drive a stock civic after running a tuned one. When I flash factory for dealer work Im like, wtf is this crap lol. But its a good reminder of how great Ktuner is when you flash it back

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I knew I should have never joined a forum :rofl: all these posts have prompted me to buy a Ktuner V1.2 looks like I will be having a little fun planned this weekend.
upload_2019-2-14_7-39-51.png
It's tempting, but this is my daily driver, and for me the performance is adequate. If I need a bit of extra umph, a just hit the sport button. That being said, the only "modifications" I performed so far are

1) changed the OEM MT fluid for Amsoil Synchromesh
2) Dropped in a K&N air filter

For me those two things made the driving experience much better. Anyway, tell us how it goes

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong... but you'll have to upgrade your clutch now? I think that tuner will wear out your stock one pretty quick (or so I've read).

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's tempting, but this is my daily driver, and for me the performance is adequate. If I need a bit of extra umph, a just hit the sport button. That being said, the only "modifications" I performed so far are

1) changed the OEM MT fluid for Amsoil Synchromesh
2) Dropped in a K&N air filter

For me those two things made the driving experience much better. Anyway, tell us how it goes
Yeah this is my daily driver as well which is why I am keen on the dual modes the Ktuner offers. I can ride in stock mode most of the time, but it will be nice to have the power when I really want it.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah this is my daily driver as well which is why I am keen on the dual modes the Ktuner offers. I can ride in stock mode most of the time, but it will be nice to have the power when I really want it.
Yeah, I get it, but I have found that in most situations the power has been completely adequate. For example this morning some moron in a Nissan Altima didn't want to let me in on a road that narrows from two lanes to one. He tried to overtake me before the road narrowed, which would have forced me either to side swipe him or end up in the opposite lane facing oncoming cars. I threw it in second and easily made it before the road narrowed. He was pissed off and tried to tailgate me, I just floored it and left him so far behind I couldn't even see him anymore

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong... but you'll have to upgrade your clutch now? I think that tuner will wear out your stock one pretty quick (or so I've read).
Well that depends on the tune from what I've read. If you have a modest tune in then no you should be good but if you want to push the limits then absolutely a clutch upgrade is required.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you go above 22 psi, then the clutch will start slipping and you will need to move to a stage 1. 22 psi and under and the clutch should be able to handle it

OP
OP
Davsonamission

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I get it, but I have found that in most situations the power has been completely adequate. For example this morning some moron in a Nissan Altima didn't want to let me in on a road that narrows from two lanes to one. He tried to overtake me before the road narrowed, which would have forced me either to side swipe him or end up in the opposite lane facing oncoming cars. I threw it in second and easily made it before the road narrowed. He was pissed off and tried to tailgate me, I just floored it and left him so far behind I couldn't even see him anymore
Yes you're right most times it is more than adequate, but more times than not I have found it completely lacking.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes you're right most times it is more than adequate, but more times than not I have found it completely lacking.
Well, I look forward to hearing how KTuner works for you!
Sponsored