It was a bit rocky but my CW Type R is finally home :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 31314
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Deleted member 31314

So as the title states I finally picked up my CTR, brought her home last night.

My ordeal starts when I approached the local dealer who has one (but in the wrong colour) and assured me that they could with another dealer for the CW I wanted. Car was supposed to arrive in 3 days. 3 days go by and not a word, so I called and left messages with the sales rep and the sales manager - no response.

The next day I called again and when I spoke to the sales rep he acted like he didn't even remember me (really how many CTR are you selling - come on) and told him to have the sales manager call me as I was headed out of town. Never got a call - got back into town from a work trip 2 days later and called again. This time kept calling until i got the GM who told me "the other dealer who agreed to trade the car backed out, and we have been trying to find a replacement". Okay fine, no big deal I wasn't in any rush but some communication would have been nice, instead I feel like they took my deposit and since I was spending this money they didn't need to put in any real effort.

Later that evening I get a text from the sales rep who said they found one but... it has 400 km on it (250 miles for our imperial friends) which is not what i wanted, new car, my money damn right I'm picky I don't know who drove that car or if it was a demo or what. I kept saying no, that wasn't our deal and got back the following: "dude, it's only 400 km". No drop in price just "dude".

Next day called up the GM, didn't mention the text's i received but he understood they failed to live up to their end of the bargain and refunded my deposit in full. Made it sound like I would have a hard time finding one.

Later that day I called a dealer that had one posted in the spec I wanted to see if it was still available, it was!! Made a deposit that day and made arrangements, the dealer was really accommodating since I was coming from out of town, and a week later traveled roughly 300 km to pick up and drive my new car home. Blessed to have a wife who supports my love of cars and is willing to put up with my nonsense.

Brought it home last night, couldn't be happier it all worked out.

As my daughter said last night "Daddy this car super cool, I love it! Can we drive in it everyday? Is this really ours? Can I drive it when I'm bigger?"....I agree, yes, yes, no lol

Thanks for listing to my rant :)
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Congratulations and cute pictures. Enjoy your new ride!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
So as the title states I finally picked up my CTR, brought her home last night.

My ordeal starts when I approached the local dealer who has one (but in the wrong colour) and assured me that they could with another dealer for the CW I wanted. Car was supposed to arrive in 3 days. 3 days go by and not a word, so I called and left messages with the sales rep and the sales manager - no response.

The next day I called again and when I spoke to the sales rep he acted like he didn't even remember me (really how many CTR are you selling - come on) and told him to have the sales manager call me as I was headed out of town. Never got a call - got back into town from a work trip 2 days later and called again. This time kept calling until i got the GM who told me "the other dealer who agreed to trade the car backed out, and we have been trying to find a replacement". Okay fine, no big deal I wasn't in any rush but some communication would have been nice, instead I feel like they took my deposit and since I was spending this money they didn't need to put in any real effort.

Later that evening I get a text from the sales rep who said they found one but... it has 400 km on it (250 miles for our imperial friends) which is not what i wanted, new car, my money damn right I'm picky I don't know who drove that car or if it was a demo or what. I kept saying no, that wasn't our deal and got back the following: "dude, it's only 400 km". No drop in price just "dude".

Next day called up the GM, didn't mention the text's i received but he understood they failed to live up to their end of the bargain and refunded my deposit in full. Made it sound like I would have a hard time finding one.

Later that day I called a dealer that had one posted in the spec I wanted to see if it was still available, it was!! Made a deposit that day and made arrangements, the dealer was really accommodating since I was coming from out of town, and a week later traveled roughly 300 km to pick up and drive my new car home. Blessed to have a wife who supports my love of cars and is willing to put up with my nonsense.

Brought it home last night, couldn't be happier it all worked out.

As my daughter said last night "Daddy this car super cool, I love it! Can we drive in it everyday? Is this really ours? Can I drive it when I'm bigger?"....I agree, yes, yes, no lol

Thanks for listing to my rant :)
many years of family fun! Congrats!!! :)
BTW, How far are you from Badlands Gaudian anyways? I'll be visiting that Indian Head one of these days! :)

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
Congrats on the R, OP! It's worth the wait and aggravation.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31314

many years of family fun! Congrats!!! :)
BTW, How far are you from Badlands Gaudian anyways? I'll be visiting that Indian Head one of these days! :)
I am less than an hour away from there. If you ever pass this way be sure to let me know!

OP
OP

Deleted member 31314

Pretty sure North America is the only place that Honda's color is blue. We always get the crappy end of the stick.
I didn't even know the Honda signs were blue in the states, I always figured it was red everywhere...huh