It doesnt urk you guys that the VIN doesnt have a J at the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I miss the days where a JDM car had a J in the vin which showed you how genuine Built in Japan made by Japan Automobile that Honda, Toyota etc used to represent. Now we have edit:Swindon plants making our shit. My Mazda is a tried and true built like a bullet made in Japan. What do you guys think.....
Sponsored

Last edited:

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
So does the missing J urk you or the fact its not made in Japan?

I really don't care to answer the question

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the Letter in the beginning of a Vin tells you where the car originated from. so yeah Both really....

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Yea I get that, so if it was made in japan the VIN would have it was my point.

In a world falling apart this is likely the most useless thing to worry about

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are made in Swindon not Sweden but I get what you're saying, but in the long run it doesn't really matter where the car is built too much so long as it is engineered properly. A lot of the assembly is automated after all.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Zero difference to me. It wasn't developed or designed there, just assembled there under strict supervision of their Japanese overlords.

Car feels just like it was made in Japan to me I can't tell any difference.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
They are made in Swindon not Sweden but I get what you're saying, but in the long run it doesn't really matter where the car is built too much so long as it is engineered properly. A lot of the assembly is automated after all.
This is not true that it doesn't matter. I guess the lie repeated long enough becomes accepted as the truth.
I want Japanese cars to be designed and assembled in Japan, American cars to be designed and assembled in the US, and German cars to be assembled in Germany.

Otherwise no one is learning anything from anyone else, there is no improvement, no difference, no competition, as everything becomes the same stagnating standardized stenciled global junk. I want things to be diverse and have the local flair and cultural differences built-in. Globalism is uniformity, boredom and decay.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have noticed that a lot of people will accept anything ..take buying the car at mark up is an example.
Nobody stands for anything anymore, no pride It's just whatever now...What happened to people as a whole? We used to have standards.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I have noticed that a lot of people will accept anything ..take buying the car at mark up is an example.
Nobody stands for anything anymore, no pride It's just whatever now...What happened to people as a whole? We used to have standards.
Thats an assumption.. haha. Nonetheless, It is still a car from a Japanese company. If you are so concerned, then why not own a car that was actually made in Japan?

Deleted member

Assembly is just following instructions and as said above is largely done by automated machines. It doesn't matter what city or country the machine is in.

What matters is engineering and the car's engineering is pure Honda. The current Type R is without question the best Type R to date.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
The CTR is widely regarded as a fantastic car that stays true to Honda's roots while keeping up with modern competition. If the car was universally panned or something then you may have a point, but it isn't.

It being built in Swindon and being on a global platform is the ONLY reason we're getting them here in the USA. If you don't like it because it wasn't built in Japan then just don't buy it I guess?

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
To be fair.
Isn't important now because isn't actually built in Japan. If they were built in Japan the narrative would be different and it was going to be a very important attribute of owning a 10th gen civic.

PD: My actual ride is true JDM #HatersGonnaHate :p :nixon:

zenren

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
It doesn't bother me as much as my 87 Accord that was built in an American plant when the parts 89 that I have in the garage with a salvage title was made in Japan. Im still driving my nonjdm cars

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
I get you op, when I got my Nismo rs Nissan juke it was an added bonus seeing the J in the vin but ultimately it does not hinder the purchase, performance or reliability of the vehicle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.