Jmcarls20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
That nsv4 series looks bad ass. I got lucky and picked up jl stuff refurbed but cheap otherwise I've heard nothing but good things regarding sundown. Appreciate the help I'll try and remember to update the forum if it worked or if it was something else
Sponsored

OP
OP

Apophis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic, 2012 Chevy Silverado
Country flag
Ya I completely forgot about updating it till you posted and I saw the email. So far on the 2.0 and 1.4 the brand x alts have not worked with the bypass, we had to go back to pcm control.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm ready to take the plung. Powering SA xv2 12 on 2kw, the mezzo components on 600w and 8 mid on 300w. How do I order the brandx? I don't have Facebook. What options do I need to tell dude to make this compatible. Thanks guys.

OP
OP

Apophis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm ready to take the plung. Powering SA xv2 12 on 2kw, the mezzo components on 600w and 8 mid on 300w. How do I order the brandx? I don't have Facebook. What options do I need to tell dude to make this compatible. Thanks guys.
There is no option to make it compatible, our cars do not like being bypassed to stay in the 15s. You could order his alt but the voltage is going to be regulated as before.

OP
OP

Apophis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Look up brand x on google, you can order from skyhigh car audio. However when you order if you do the bypassed, your gonna lose all the features such as lane assist, cruise control etc and your dash lights for each of these are always going to be on.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look up brand x on google, you can order from skyhigh car audio. However when you order if you do the bypassed, your gonna lose all the features such as lane assist, cruise control etc and your dash lights for each of these are always going to be on.
Thanks for the quick response! I guess the good news is I already lost cruse control with clutch master cylinder upgrade, and the si doesn't have lane assist ect. So will si get a dash light? Can you elaborate the bypass? The PCM control you are talking about? You're saying don't do the standard bypass... What do I need to tell them to get this right. Do I need to change belt? Is the brandx better than singer? If you're running 6k I'll be good at 3k. About 210a @ 14.4v. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Apophis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean personally I wouldn't go back with brand x, the customer service myself and two other people received from the company about honda civics was just rude and non helpful. The pcm control means the computer controls your voltage. The bypass means you are no longer allowing the pcm to control and adjust the voltage, that's how I got mine in the beginning to stay at 15.5 volts, however because all the systems I lost I had to go back with the stock plug connector which meant the pcm now controls my voltage. So depending on how hard my system is beating I'm anywhere from 12 to 14

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I'm considering a few things like an alternator upgrade but a CPL questions first:
1. Which Mfgr has been the most problem-free HO Alternator so far?
2. Has anyone tried hooking all your extra new stuff run from like a fuse block and have it powered by a 120A-200A relay?
Use ignition as a low current relay switch, the fuse block pulls pwr supply str8 from the battery instead of draining ECU/PCM resources..

OP
OP

Apophis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont believe any company has one that works yet, I didnt do a fuse block, my alt had a resister that had to be wired in to the ignition to tell the alt to turn on.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean personally I wouldn't go back with brand x, the customer service myself and two other people received from the company about honda civics was just rude and non helpful.
Sent a quote to singer first. Then went to skyhigh and they want $124 for a quote. It's broke so I emailed Zach instead. I'll post the invoice for a laugh if he bills me and be sure to buy the singer if that happens.?
https://skyhighcaraudio.com/custom-alternator-request/

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm anxious to install and brandx replied with $375 for their highest 280a so I ordered and paid for today. Looking forward to inatalling, hopefully I won't need a second battery in the trunk, I think I can get by.

CSR_

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Anybody able to get a high output alternator that actually works or any sort of work around for it? I'm going to add lithium (yinlongs) and want to raise my voltage but from what I've seen the pcm will regulate unless I want to lose functions (and I don't).

OP
OP

Apophis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anybody able to get a high output alternator that actually works or any sort of work around for it? I'm going to add lithium (yinlongs) and want to raise my voltage but from what I've seen the pcm will regulate unless I want to lose functions (and I don't).
No, Brand X makes a external regulator to bypass that, however last I talked to him he wanted 600 dollars for one. I have talked to a few other builders and they have all said the same thing, the PCM will control it. I have a 40ah on mine, at full tilt I drop to 12.8, but usually stay in the 14's with the lights turned on.

CSR_

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
No, Brand X makes a external regulator to bypass that, however last I talked to him he wanted 600 dollars for one. I have talked to a few other builders and they have all said the same thing, the PCM will control it. I have a 40ah on mine, at full tilt I drop to 12.8, but usually stay in the 14's with the lights turned on.
Damb. I have 80ah of yinlong cells that I was looking to put into the car. But they work best on voltage above 15. And I'm not trying to pay those 600 for an external regulator lol.

Notu2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 2.0
Country flag
Anyone done a high output alternator install? I bought one from brand x and everytime I install it all my dash lights stay on, once I go back to stock everything is fine again. I've done the big three, and I'm running a limitless lithium 45ah in the trunk front battery delete.
U don’t need a highout put if ur on lithium especially 45 ah that should support almost 10k is what I understand. Hell I got a 350 amp alt and can’t even use it and am wanting to just use my 2 yellow tops in trunk and a h/o cause well I’m old Sokol lol it anyways I need to find someone that can make this one work on my 2016 civic 2.0
Sponsored