Notu2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 2.0
Country flag
No, Brand X makes a external regulator to bypass that, however last I talked to him he wanted 600 dollars for one. I have talked to a few other builders and they have all said the same thing, the PCM will control it. I have a 40ah on mine, at full tilt I drop to 12.8, but usually stay in the 14's with the lights turned on.
Unplug the pcm that’s connected to ur main battery if u have big three and either ham batts or lithium in trunk I’ll get the charging error but I’ll be around 14.8 or so cause ur h/o can’t charge a lithium battery
Sponsored

NightRyder69

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I ordered a brand x alternator as well and was wondering what length belt did you get for the 6 rib?
I have a 2017 civic ext

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any suggestions when switching to straight lithium? I have agm up front and in back. Stock alt will be fine to charge? I’m trying to avoid wiring an isolator between my under hood agm and rear if I can just hook it up straight to the alt and do lithium.

Zuniga62

First Name
Octavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic
I'm anxious to install and brandx replied with $375 for their highest 280a so I ordered and paid for today. Looking forward to inatalling, hopefully I won't need a second battery in the trunk, I think I can get by.
Hey man I had a question did your alt from brand x was it pcm bypassed? Or did it just have the original oem honda plug? Mine was bypassed and came with a 3 pin plug.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Old post I know. I just installed excessive amperage high output. Works great. Recommended a 1/2 inch smaller belt but wouldn't fit. Using stock belt running fine. Tensioner in perfect position.

Honda Civic 10th gen Issues with high output alternator. Screenshot_20221113_114121_Instagram
Sponsored