Issues with getting tunerview to work, bluetooth wont connect

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey y'all, wondering if I could get some feedback as to whether I did this process incorrectly or if there's any other things I could try that could help.

Been struggling to get tunerview to read my engine parameters even after following all the setup steps.

What I did was...

1.) Plug in ktuner
2.) Connect to laptop
3.) Open Ktuner
4.) Enable Bluetooth Pin Advanced (clicked it)
5.) Unplug ktuner from obt and disconnect from laptop
6.) Replug in device to obd port
7.) Reset headunit
8.) Attempt to connect to bluetooth

The ktuner device flashes as if it's connected to the ECU and working properly, but no matter how many times I do these steps it cannot scan to find my ktuner device after disconnecting.
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Headunit or cell phone/tablet? I've never experienced issues on the HU on a 2017 and 2019. I know there was something funny about the 2018's but I never had to deal with that...

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Headunit or cell phone? I've never experienced issues on the HU on a 2017 and 2019. I know there was something funny about the 2018's but I never had to deal with that...
Headunit. My tunerview is able to connect to bluetooth and work if everything is plugged in with the laptop so I know that's working.. but for some reason when the device is by itself it never works. Thinking of just picking up a cheap android phone after work today to just use as a display if I still can't get this to work.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Headunit. My tunerview is able to connect to bluetooth and work if everything is plugged in with the laptop so I know that's working.. but for some reason when the device is by itself it never works. Thinking of just picking up a cheap android phone after work today to just use as a display if I still can't get this to work.
Are you connecting through the app or through the HU? Also, you aren't using BT for music/cell phone or anything like that? The HU can only be connected to one device at a time.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you connecting through the app or through the HU? Also, you aren't using BT for music/cell phone or anything like that? The HU can only be connected to one device at a time.
When I said connecting through app I meant it is through the headunit version of the app. And nope! I've resetted my headunit completely twice in hopes of getting it to work but still no luck lol :/

Talked to the tunerview creator, he said my ktuner device might have a bluetooth malfunction which I find odd since I bought it brand new from phearable but then again I guess shit happens

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
When I said connecting through app I meant it is through the headunit version of the app. And nope! I've resetted my headunit completely twice in hopes of getting it to work but still no luck lol :/

Talked to the tunerview creator, he said my ktuner device might have a bluetooth malfunction which I find odd since I bought it brand new from phearable but then again I guess shit happens
We already went through everything, why you expect something different from anyone else? I already asked you to contact KTuner via email with your issue. If TunerView can connect it to the device when it's plugged in to the laptop, but not when it's not plugged in then it can be an issue with the device even if it's brand new. By the way I never seen an issue like this before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We already went through everything, why you expect something different from anyone else? I already asked you to contact KTuner via email with your issue. If TunerView can connect it to the device when it's plugged in to the laptop, but not when it's not plugged in then it can be an issue with the device even if it's brand new. By the way I never seen an issue like this before.
"Hey y'all, wondering if I could get some feedback as to whether I did this process incorrectly or if there's any other things I could try that could help. "

I was just asking?.. It's a civic forum, was looking to see if anyone ran into similar issues and could offer some insight or let me know if I followed any wrong steps before I went through the process of sending my device back and waiting for a new one.

Not sure why this is your response, I actually had someone message me saying they went through the same exact issue and gave up trying to connect.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"Hey y'all, wondering if I could get some feedback as to whether I did this process incorrectly or if there's any other things I could try that could help. "

I was just asking?.. It's a civic forum, was looking to see if anyone ran into similar issues and could offer some insight or let me know if I followed any wrong steps before I went through the process of sending my device back and waiting for a new one.

Not sure why this is your response, I actually had someone message me saying they went through the same exact issue and gave up trying to connect.
If TunerView can connect when USB is plugged in but can't when it's unplugged, then you did nothing wrong and it can be some issue with the bluetooth in the unit. That's why I asked you to contact KTuner and let them have a look in to your unit since that's the best way to find out if that's the issue.. But you also can just give up trying too :confused:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If TunerView can connect when USB is plugged in but can't when it's unplugged, then you did nothing wrong and it can be some issue with the bluetooth in the unit. That's why I asked you to contact KTuner and let them have a look in to your unit since that's the best way to find out if that's the issue.. But you also can just give up trying too :confused:
I could also give up trying? I’ve already been in contact with them but as stated in my previous post I’m seeing if there’s any other final options I could try before I go through the process of sending my device back?

I don’t see why you have an issue with me asking about possible fixes. As a developer you should understand that new bugs and issues arise all the time along with new hot fixes and solutions. I’m still continually trying to resolve this issue and this post was my last bet before I send my unit in.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I could also give up trying? I’ve already been in contact with them but as stated in my previous post I’m seeing if there’s any other final options I could try before I go through the process of sending my device back?

I don’t see why you have an issue with me asking about possible fixes. As a developer you should understand that new bugs and issues arise all the time along with new hot fixes and solutions. I’m still continually trying to resolve this issue and this post was my last bet before I send my unit in.
"I could also give up trying?" ... you said you got contacted by someone who gave up trying ... this is not what you expected from the forum right? I'm not having an issue with you, I just don't understand why people are always asking random people instead of follow the direction I give them to help solving their issue. There were like hundreds of questions on facebook about connecting the Lite version, and 99% of the answers were all wrong because nobody asking if its a 16-17 model or a 18+ just give answers about what they did. :dunno:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"I could also give up trying?" ... you said you got contacted by someone who gave up trying ... this is not what you expected from the forum right? I'm not having an issue with you, I just don't understand why people are always asking random people instead of follow the direction I give them to help solving their issue. There were like hundreds of questions on facebook about connecting the Lite version, and 99% of the answers were all wrong because nobody asking if its a 16-17 model or a 18+ just give answers about what they did. :dunno:
Okay I see, miscommunication

In regards to following your directions, again, I've been in contact with KTuner and they said they have no problem with me sending my device back in for them to look at. Your directions to me was to contact Ktuner.

Forum isn't a group of random people, these are people in the same platform that have dealt with many different issues - I've found solutions to almost all my problems on this forum which is why I asked. I'm sure you deal with a majority of questions that can be answered easily, but the truth is that people don't read directions, people aren't technologically savvy, and people miss steps, that's how it is with any product.

All I wanted to do was ask this forum to see if by chance there would be some miraculous fix that I could do so I could not go through the process of shipping my device back before I go ahead with it.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag

Im currently going through that bs 2019 Fc1 sedan ?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
4.) Enable Bluetooth Pin Advanced (clicked it)

Try "Disable BT Pin Code" disconnect (unpair BT) everything from your HU then try & see if it works, if it does then you can reconnect other BT devices & if i recall correctly our HU can only connect or pair with "x" amount of devices only.

Another common issue is that the device is not properly connected to the OBDII port.

Chill ;) & hope this helps.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Mine works with my cell running AA & Internet Radio + Tuner View Lite at the same time.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im currently going through that bs 2019 Fc1 sedan ?
yeah man I even did the bluetooth pin disable, it was such a headache for me that I ended up selling my V1.2 and buying a V2 and also a new tune for it lol. I should've done that from the getgo since I don't have a windows laptop, soooooo much more user friendly and easier
Sponsored