Issues a buyer should look out for

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, Im going to potentially purchase a 2016 Civic EX-L w/ Honda Sensing tomorrow and was wondering if there was anything in the car I should pay special attention to.

Is there anything in specific I should look out for? Panel gaps? Misalignment issues?

Thanks for helping.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some have mentioned the hood and trunk being misaligned/gaps being larger than they should be. A good number, myself included, have had periodic infotainment issues but they're unlikely to show up during your test drive.

May want to look at a Touring as well, lots more content for not much over the EX-L w/HS price in the real-world, as models w/HS tend to not have larger discounts.

OP
OP
Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some have mentioned the hood and trunk being misaligned/gaps being larger than they should be. A good number, myself included, have had periodic infotainment issues but they're unlikely to show up during your test drive.

May want to look at a Touring as well, lots more content for not much over the EX-L w/HS price in the real-world, as models w/HS tend to not have larger discounts.
Thanks for the reply. Ill be sure to look out for those. I was under the impression that the EX-L w/ HS would be easier to negotiate with since most people arent looking at an EX-L w/ HS. I originally wanted an EX-T w/ HS but have since decided to throw in a little bit more cash for an EX-L.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Ill be sure to look out for those. I was under the impression that the EX-L w/ HS would be easier to negotiate with since most people arent looking at an EX-L w/ HS. I originally wanted an EX-T w/ HS but have since decided to throw in a little bit more cash for an EX-L.
Dependent on location and inventory, but generally the models w/HS aren't as readily available. YMMY.
Sponsored