mrdeath4

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic exl 2018 sedan
Country flag
Today I found out a strange thing with my driver's door handle. When the car is locked and you try to open the driver's door slowly, it beeps 2 times like 10 times in a row. The car thinks the doors are not unlocked, and it unlocks it again and again and again, till my hand is on the handle.
When I do the same thing on right front door, it works normal ( it opens 1 time, and you can hold the door handle forever, the car wont beep again)

any ideas how to fix that?
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Today I found out a strange thing with my driver's door handle. When the car is locked and you try to open the driver's door slowly, it beeps 2 times like 10 times in a row. The car thinks the doors are not unlocked, and it unlocks it again and again and again, till my hand is on the handle.
When I do the same thing on right front door, it works normal ( it opens 1 time, and you can hold the door handle forever, the car wont beep again)

any ideas how to fix that?
I'm assuming you have the keyless access where you can just walk up with the key in your pocket and touch the handle and it will unlock? There is an antenna built in to the outer door handle, your driver side outer door handle is bad, there is a problem with the antenna/sensor pickup. Replace the handle and it should go away.