BobsterSI

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan, 2009 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Hello. Anybody have this issue on their 10th gen si.? I barely bought my car 3 weeks ago but I’ve noticed it for the past week. 1st and 2nd gear is fine. But when I go to 3rd gear, I sometimes hit a grind going to gear. 4th gear sometimes have the same problem. Some days the gears are very smooth. I don’t want to go there with the reverse gear. I kinda need some force going in.

I don’t know if it’s a weakness for the 10th gen si. I usually warm up the car before I first drive off each day on a cold start.

And I drove my friend’s 9th gen before with stock specs and there’s no problems with his gears. Very smooth.

Will it fix the problem if I get a Clutchmaster? Or get the Acuity shifting kit?
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll go to show to the dealer on warranty. Put plaster on it is not a good idea IMO

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will not do any work on MT on warranty.
Why a warranty ?
A 2107 Civic must not need a new fluid

OP
OP
BobsterSI

BobsterSI

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan, 2009 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I just got my car from the dealership about a month ago for this used SI.. Higher mileage than usual on 34k on a 2017 but I love the car and I'm going to keep it for a lot more years.. I don't trust dealerships with the updates of the fluids.. They even put 87 gas when I drove it off the lot:mad::mad:.. I felt the difference way better when I emptied out my tank and put 91 grade:).. Going to to do every fluid change so I can start keeping records of it..

You guys have experiences with Honda OEM MTF.? I rarely drive it hard, well sometimes;). Just a daily commuter car..

I was thinking of the Amsoil. Seeing the some of the threads here, people say they have good results to smoother shifting but the costs of 4 quarts is about $65o_O

Last edited:

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello. Anybody have this issue on their 10th gen si.? I barely bought my car 3 weeks ago but I’ve noticed it for the past week. 1st and 2nd gear is fine. But when I go to 3rd gear, I sometimes hit a grind going to gear. 4th gear sometimes have the same problem. Some days the gears are very smooth. I don’t want to go there with the reverse gear. I kinda need some force going in.

I don’t know if it’s a weakness for the 10th gen si. I usually warm up the car before I first drive off each day on a cold start.

And I drove my friend’s 9th gen before with stock specs and there’s no problems with his gears. Very smooth.

Will it fix the problem if I get a Clutchmaster? Or get the Acuity shifting kit?
I feel like the new Si have weak transmission and could be the synchros. Im experiencing a 4th gear grind on full throttle, but cruising its fine.

_lavender_x

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Honda Civic ex-t
Country flag
I feel like the new Si have weak transmission and could be the synchros. Im experiencing a 4th gear grind on full throttle, but cruising its fine.
Have you fix this? .. I’m 4000 miles in & the 4th gear happens to grind at high rpms? I haven’t really found anything online that could help or give me a definite answer
Sponsored