Is your tune safe? I'll review your log for free.

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Yea I figured I give the BOV a try and really it does not seem to be a huge issue. AFR seems to be nominal to me anyway. Fuel trims at wOt are between -8 and -3 STFT and -5 to -7 LTFT. Looking back at the log all but one of the the spikes occurred when I went from open throttle to closed in rapid succession. I had rev hag disabled so maybe this is why the momentary lean condition caused the ECU to overcompensate?

Data Log FT.png
I wouldn't worry about it too much if it only occurs during sharp open to closed throttle pedal situations. You could see if disabling rev hang solves it. I believe Hondata had to revise their fk8 rev hang feature. Possibly the ecu not liking the throttle plate closing too quickly.

Tuning for power isn't very difficult. It's when you add emissions complexity that makes it challenging.

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@Sayanythng

What octane gas are you running? 91?

I see 6 degrees of knock retard during initial tip in of the throttle pedal.

Fuel pump looks good.

Fuel trims and air fuel look good.

I would say the map is slightly too aggressive for your fuel. I'd suggest going with a less aggressive map or adding 2 gallons of E85 and re-test.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is your tune safe? I'll review your log for free. 1598216088554

Sayanythng

First Name
Trevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 2020
Country flag
@Sayanythng

Fuel pump looks good.

I would say the map is slightly too aggressive for your fuel. I'd suggest going with a less aggressive map or adding 2 gallons of E85 and re-test.

1598216088554.png
I’m running 92 octane she’ll v power fuel. There isn’t a more basic map unless I just go 91 octane map without the high flow cat selected?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Not familiar enough with it. Can you datalog with it? Is the log format in excel?
Yes you can data log. I actually get it tomorrow so I would have to report back. Anyone can review it though. Don’t need a special program

Sayanythng

First Name
Trevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 2020
Country flag
@Sayanythng

Fuel pump looks good.

1598216088554.png
No e85 available in 100 mile radius. I can buy 5 gallons of it online for 131$$ ouch. Sonoco e85 99.

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I’m running 92 octane she’ll v power fuel. There isn’t a more basic map unless I just go 91 octane map without the high flow cat selected?
91 intercooler map runs slightly less timing. You could try that.

Update: Just compared the base 91 map with 91 intercooler, the ignition timing is basically the same.

ErickHdez1997

First Name
Erick Hernandez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hi all, not sure where to ask this question so I thought maybe here would be okay. Does anyone here know why my knock retard goes up to 5.00-6.00 deg when I give 50% or more throttle? Never goes above that. K control never goes above .49. Running 93 octane fuel with phearable Non-Godmode tune. Doesn’t matter which map I’m in. Driving in the florida heat all stock except for a PRL CAI. Happens on cooler nights (75 degrees) too though. Fuel trims are between +-3% always. 2020 civic Si
Thank you

Sayanythng

First Name
Trevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 2020
Country flag
91 intercooler map runs slightly less timing. You could try that.

Update: Just compared the base 91 map with 91 intercooler, the ignition timing is basically the same.
So try 91 map without high flow cat add intercooler? What if I go base 91 map no High flow add intercooler or? Thanks for your time man you’ve always been a lot of help

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
So try 91 map without high flow cat add intercooler?
Yes, that's the easiest without going into AF table changes. If you run the AF richer, it might get rid of the knock.

I personally I run Hondata's updated richer AF tables. I don't like how the AF goes rich, lean, then rich instead of being linear. The 93 flex fuel hondata fuel system has the newer AF tables. You can just copy that table and paste it in all 3 tables if you want to try.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is your tune safe? I'll review your log for free. 1598218320125

You just have to guess and check to see what works and doesn't work. Being on 93 octane or less is a big limiting factor.

Sayanythng

First Name
Trevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 2020
Country flag
Yes, that's the easiest without going into AF table changes. If you run the AF richer, it might get rid of the knock.

I personally I run Hondata's updated richer AF tables. I don't like how the AF goes rich, lean, then rich instead of being linear. The 93 flex fuel hondata fuel system has the newer AF tables. You can just copy that table and paste it in all 3 tables if you want to try.

1598218320125.png

You just have to guess and check to see what works and doesn't work. Being on 93 octane or less is a big limiting factor.
Ok I’ll run base 91 map without high flow cat add intercooler selected. Even though I don’t have an upgraded intercool to try and it richer. I’ll send an update data log tomorrow thank you again

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Ok I’ll run base 91 map without high flow cat add intercooler selected. Even though I don’t have an upgraded intercool to try and it richer. I’ll send an update data log tomorrow thank you again
There’s nothing to change in the tune when you add an intercooler. All it’s doing is lowering your intake charge temps. This allows you to run more timing and boost without getting knock. IC helps more with upper RPMs since the OEM IC starts to reach the limits of its cooling ability.