Is your exhaust louder, or your engine bay?

RollinindaRoyce

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys I just want to ask something I noticed. When revving my car I really hear all the noise up in the engine bay, and not so much from the exhaust. I’ve got a 2020 Si With a downpipe, front pipe and type r exhaust. Also a cold air intake, but stock turbo. When I rev up the engine, all the noise is heard up front and almost nothing from the exhaust. I know I have to put a new gasket on the front pipe to exhaust joint, but I’m just wondering if this is normal? I don’t get much sound at the exhaust, it’s mostly engine bay. Does this sound normal to you guys?
Sponsored

OP
OP

RollinindaRoyce

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
you have an exhaust leak in your engine bay
Honestly I was thinking that. It could be in the downpipe. I think a stud broke off and it was night and I didn’t get it out. I might need to do that this weekend. Do you think that would cause all the sound up front?

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys I just want to ask something I noticed. When revving my car I really hear all the noise up in the engine bay, and not so much from the exhaust. I’ve got a 2020 Si With a downpipe, front pipe and type r exhaust. Also a cold air intake, but stock turbo. When I rev up the engine, all the noise is heard up front and almost nothing from the exhaust. I know I have to put a new gasket on the front pipe to exhaust joint, but I’m just wondering if this is normal? I don’t get much sound at the exhaust, it’s mostly engine bay. Does this sound normal to you guys?
I hear what everone says but the engine and fuel injectors are loud. I have the prl high volume dp fp on stock exhaust with no exhaust Leak and i feel the same. Granted i also have hasport full set mounts so the vibration is also loud lol
Sponsored