First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Infiniti FX35, 2018 Civic Si, 2017 Honda Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL is the best and the fact is they actually have a basemap that is designed for the Race version of the intake of PRL CAI
“Prl is the best” is your opinion

I was stating a fact that there is no base map with the tuners OTS that are custom made for PRL’s MAF housing

Base maps made by the company that makes the intake... yes those are available... I’m mearly stating that dc2turbo’s blanket statement was incorrect.

And MAPerformance also has tunes for their components, your point has been rendered moot.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
“Prl is the best” is your opinion

I was stating a fact that there is no base map with the tuners OTS that are custom made for PRL’s MAF housing

Base maps made by the company that makes the intake... yes those are available... I’m mearly stating that dc2turbo’s blanket statement was incorrect.

And MAPerformance also has tunes for their components, your point has been rendered moot.
oh gotcha and another thing is people can run PRL street version in take with any basemap not custom made for it and have no issues with stft and ltft as it resembles stock oem fuel trims. Also PRL didn't make the basemaps for their intakes Ktuner and their own tuner did.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
*picks up phone*
*dials*
2-855-7448

Hello?

Just gonna leave this here...

there is no selection in the Ktuner for "PRL MAF housing" in any base maps. Source:

"Re: base maps
Honda Civic 10th gen Is turbo flutter achievable? {filename}by KTuner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Not one intake manufacturer designed an intake that works with the factory MAF system. We have no plans to create basemaps for all of the various intakes out there. You can use speed density and work with a tuner....."
Honda Civic 10th gen Is turbo flutter achievable? upload_2018-12-4_18-6-55

Rogue7

Rogue SI
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh gotcha and another thing is people can run PRL street version in take with any basemap not custom made for it and have no issues with stft and ltft as it resembles stock oem fuel trims. Also PRL didn't make the basemaps for their intakes Ktuner and their own tuner did.
Nice! that’s pretty cool ktuner backed PRL and custom made maps for them.

Off of my experience I haven’t had a single issue running the base ktuner maps with the MAPerformance intake ‍♂ and I’m sure my car will only get better after dumping their stage 2 tune in with the full exhaust I’ve got from them in conjunction with the intake.

But to each their own, I love cars and I love modding them, it’s cool that we all have the same interests here!

And the ID of the stock MAF housing is ~2- 7/16” (don’t have my digital caliper handy) from what I can see if anyone wants to get to measuring their dic- errrrr intake size we can all compare

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Rogue7

Rogue SI
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you updated the Ktuner software lol?
Oh man I forgot to... nooope it’s not up to date lol it tells you upon opening ktuner if new software is available.

EDIT:
And my computer is slow AF because it took this long to tell me it was out of date...

Last edited:

Rogue7

Rogue SI
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could run the MAP intake on the stock MAF scaling but it's not optimal.
Well poop in my cereal! One decimal place off, so that was added with the last update, hmmmmmm... what else is new?!?! Where are the patch notes? The patch notes!! Lmao

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

FK7_ASM

Honda Service Advisor
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
In theory, you could make a plate to block off the BPV.

Oh man i miss this channel so much! Wish he'd get another Subaru so he could continue making videos.

DrLuciifer

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
YES! i have turbo flutter on my 1.5t 2018 Civic LX. i’m not gonna tell you what i did to get it cause ion wanna be copied but yes it can be done! Lmfaooo

DrLuciifer

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hey fellow 10th gen Si owners, noob to turbos here. I'm a huge fan of hearing turbo flutter at car meets and track days. How can I achieve this with the stock turbo? Is it as simple as a BPV mod?

**EDIT: So the only way to get any more noises is an intake and (maybe) a BOV mod. Thx for the replies!
Yes! i have flutter on my 1.5t civic lx and it’s beautiful
Sponsored