First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Infiniti FX35, 2018 Civic Si, 2017 Honda Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure how loud the Cobra is, but MAP's intake is definitely loud. It sounds great
MAP is LOUD! I love it, plus you don't have the potential of water locking your engine with the filter placement from MAP, it's not all the way down to the lowest part of the front bumper like PRL, my IAT is only 10 degrees above ambient when driving, and that is without a FMIC. I'll have a few videos I can post in a couple days of intake noise with stock exhaust on different boost levels and then the after with the MAP full exhaust sound also. But if you want that turbo spool sound I think there is a decent video on youtube for a MAP intake. not my video but its a good representation of the MAP intake.
Sponsored

Rogue7

Rogue SI
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here because there are not enough videos of MAPerformance stuff I took the car to lunch and got a quick couple pulls in so you can hear the sound of the MAP CAI, my window was open about an inch and a half and its wet and icy out, and my ktuner is at 16psi or I have it at "stock" settings right now.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAP is LOUD! I love it, plus you don't have the potential of water locking your engine with the filter placement from MAP, it's not all the way down to the lowest part of the front bumper like PRL, my IAT is only 10 degrees above ambient when driving, and that is without a FMIC. I'll have a few videos I can post in a couple days of intake noise with stock exhaust on different boost levels and then the after with the MAP full exhaust sound also. But if you want that turbo spool sound I think there is a decent video on youtube for a MAP intake. not my video but its a good representation of the MAP intake.
haha nice, that is my video. MAP is a good choice for the sound, performance wise PRL is better but not by a lot. A good trade off for peace of mind in places where there is a lot of flash flooding and runoff when it rains.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was not even close to full boost btw 11psi is what I saw. That said I think it gives the best idea of how loud it is when you do a full pull with windows up. its hard to capture turbo noises on video lol

Rogue7

Rogue SI
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
haha nice, that is my video. MAP is a good choice for the sound, performance wise PRL is better but not by a lot. A good trade off for peace of mind in places where there is a lot of flash flooding and runoff when it rains.
:rofl:That's awesome!

I'm going to preface this with: I'm biased I didn't have a good experience on my first interaction with PRL and their customer service and that left a bad taste in my mouth.

PRL may be better for the stock front end but I fully intend to do one of two options: 1)do a CTR front bumper swap and make a block off form for the intake side of things so it gets higher airflow and has less chance of water or 2)same idea on the stock bumper but just taking out the solid diamonds of that front grill on the drivers side to increase airflow to the intake.

Buuuuut:
PRL cobra intake: 400$
MAP intake: 230$

The only thing I could see making any intake better than another would be the MAF housing that PRL offers with a bigger inner diameter, but even that, the cobra doesn't increase the size of the rest of the intake tubing :dunno:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
MAP you will need a custom tune as the MAF housing is not OEM size. Without a custom MAF scaling, you will be at 20-30% fuel trims

There are basemaps for both PRL MAF housing on both tuners

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAP you will need a custom tune as the MAF housing is not OEM size. Without a custom MAF scaling, you will be at 20-30% fuel trims

Can you provide factual data showing this 20-30% fuel trim?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Can you provide factual data showing this 20-30% fuel trim?
I'm not posting my calibration
The MAF housing is not OEM Size. So modification is required.
If you do a search on the forums. A few others has posted about this
They will not offer you the MAF scaling unless you buy their Stage maps

Last edited:

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not posting my calibration
The MAF housing is not OEM Size. So modification is required.
If you do a search on the forums. A few others has posted about this
They will not offer you the MAF scaling unless you buy their Stage maps
Still waiting on those facts tho... show me the log showing 20-30% fuel trim corrections... I'll wait.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Still waiting on those facts tho... show me the log showing 20-30% fuel trim corrections... I'll wait.
You will be waiting forever or you can go search the forums

3 members on here had to adjust their MAF scaling for the intake

If you are running your intake with stock MAF values. i want to see your short/long fuel trims

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
You didn't factor in long trim....

If you disable long trim than the short trim would spike up to 20+ %

Rogue7

Rogue SI
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

*picks up phone*
*dials*
2-855-7448

Hello?

Just gonna leave this here...

there is no selection in the Ktuner for "PRL MAF housing" in any base maps. Source:

"Re: base maps
Honda Civic 10th gen Is turbo flutter achievable? {filename}by KTuner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Not one intake manufacturer designed an intake that works with the factory MAF system. We have no plans to create basemaps for all of the various intakes out there. You can use speed density and work with a tuner....."

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*picks up phone*
*dials*
2-855-7448

Hello?

Just gonna leave this here...

there is no selection in the Ktuner for "PRL MAF housing" in any base maps. Source:

"Re: base maps
Honda Civic 10th gen Is turbo flutter achievable? {filename}by KTuner » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Not one intake manufacturer designed an intake that works with the factory MAF system. We have no plans to create basemaps for all of the various intakes out there. You can use speed density and work with a tuner....."
PRL is the best and the fact is they actually have a basemap that is designed for the Race version of the intake of PRL CAI
Sponsored