First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have opened the hood a few times only since I got my car and I don't recall the sound being so loud and "clicky" is this how it's supposed to sound. Sorry this is my first new car and I'm just starting to learn. I have zero mechanical knowledge.

Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have opened the hood a few times only since I got my car and I don't recall the sound being so loud and "clicky" is this how it's supposed to sound. Sorry this is my first new car and I'm just starting to learn. I have zero mechanical knowledge.

Mine does have a faint click. It's can be the valves opening and closing or the fuel injectors. I'm not sure it is as loud as it seems yours is. Do you hear it when you close the hood? If you can still hear it clearly, I would ask the dealer.

OP
OP
GHoSTyaiRo

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the replies, yeah it doesn't sound loud when the hood is closed. I can stop panicking now.

Chrisall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch, Pajero
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is loud too, sounds like a diesel when it's cold. I was concerned enough to search clips on youtube so could compare to others. Seems like they all sound like that.
Sponsored