Is This the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)?

MaxOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2007 Honda Fit
008.jpg
Can someone please tell me what the highlighted object is? I think it is the crank position sensor. Thanks.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Top Dead Center (TDC) Sensor, the sensor in front of it and slightly to the right is also a TDC Sensor.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
You’re looking too high. The crank position sensor is adjacent to the crankshaft i. e. near the crank pulley.

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
What is circled in red is a Camshaft Position Sensor A.

The Crankshaft Sensor CKP is on the rear of the engine block near where the engine and transmission join together. The crankshaft has the pulse ring at the transmission end of the crankshaft, not the pulley end of the crankshaft. It is held into the engine block (above the oil pan) with 1 bolt. The sensor's connector is facing the passenger side of the vehicle. The starter may block your view, I can't remember off the top of my head.

OP
OP

MaxOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2007 Honda Fit
Honda Civic 10th gen Is This the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)? IMG_CMP

Here's an actual image of my camshaft sensor A. This was after a rodent had chewed off the yellow wire after the dealer said they had wrapped rodent tape. Will be bringing it in to the dealer again. Do you see any rodent tape in the picture?

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
IMG_CMP.jpg

Here's an actual image of my camshaft sensor A. This was after a rodent had chewed off the yellow wire after the dealer said they had wrapped rodent tape. Will be bringing it in to the dealer again. Do you see any rodent tape in the picture?
No rodent tape there. Rodent tape is grey and pictures of a white cartoon mouse with a X for it's eyes if I remember correctly. Honda part number 4019-2317......it's grey electrical tape with capsaicin in it to keep rodents from chewing on the wires. Apparently people figured out why wires were being chewed by rodents, the wires were run through machines that were lubricated with soy based or vegetable oil type lubricants. And sometimes rodents just chew on things without any good reason....it could have just been a nice warm spot to hang out for a while.

peterman25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Does anybody have a part number or link to a pigtail connector that replaces the connector circled in red in the original post? Mine was chewed by rodents. Thanks.
Sponsored