Is this stupid? What do you think of this Turbo badge?

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Plenty of badges for us!

1024x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wKjBxFcPlTSAIMUsAASI5f7s7YY585.jpg
I like this one.
the 220 confuses people. What is it? what is 220?

I would not put 1.5T emblem on the civic.
It is basically telling people that you got the smallest engine in America, (correction, the jettas' got 1.4L so as some GM cars with 4 bangers). So the civic actually has the upper hand at 1.5L
I would rather mess with people and put a sticker - 3.9L V6 turbo, and let them scratch their head thinking "what the hell?"
They don't need to know how tiny the engine is. They just need to know that it goes faster than a Corolla and some Mazdas, maybe beat some KIAs and some Hyundais.
:)
Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I say, if you got it, flaunt it! Turbo & proud of it!! Minor mods to my new Platinum Pearl Touring Coupe: red painted calipers (really set off the new 18" silver/metallic grey wheels also upgraded the tires to Michelin Primacy Tours (really like them, smooth & quiet, 235/40/18 sticks like suctioncups) clear side markers w/amber bulbs & ordered the Canadian "TURBO " logos for the lower rear rockers, they're subtle, cool & are just retro enough to add a small accent without screaming RICE! You will have to know what it all means, but some minor additions add a little pizzazz to, what I think is a classy looking coupe without going too far. Oh yeah, CivicX.com stickers on the rear quarter Windows, get a lot of questions about them, good conversation starters. If your not loving it, should have bought some thing else!! I think the rear of the coupes should have been used across the line, it just looks "right*

Scathe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Coming from a 5-cylinder 2.5L turbo Volvo S60 to a 2016 Civic EX-T just 3 days ago, I rather enjoyed the fact that I had a sleeper. It was around 300HP though, so right now I'm a little underwhelmed by the EX-T (not disappointed by any means, I didn't expect much, it's just not comparable at all). Sleeper is the way to go for me though -- it's more impressive when your adversary ends up shocked.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you like it, then who cares? That being said, putting one on a car around here is just asking all the jerks who want to race and act like idiots to challenge you. I'm way past that.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be fair I am not a fan of ANY badges hence why my FK7 and my Murano (all previous) are de-badged.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like this one.
the 220 confuses people. What is it? what is 220?
:)
It's the torque figure in kg*m, although actually the 6 speed is rated at 226 kg*m.
The crv is called 240 and accord has 220 and 260 Models.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
YOu all are weird over there. :)
And Honda is the most straightforward: VW adds random numbers like 230,280,330 (330 is 1.8t, slower than our 220)... which are not corresponding to the actual output of the engine, chevy calls 530t their 1.5, cadillac named the 2.0t 28T and so on...

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I like that Honda no longer has a badge for every trim level civic in the US. Nobody wants to advertise that they are driving a base model. Special badges for Si, Type R are nice. Mixed feelings on the Touring badge. Touring is a lame name.

There is a guy who lives near me with an Accord V6 and stuck a Type R badge on it. I just assume he thinks the V6 is better than a turbo i4.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I removed all the badges. My opinion, anyone that knows anything about turbos, even in general knows, the turbo on the civic doesn't produce ungodly amounts of horsepower, youve still got a 200-250ish hp car. Anyone that doesn't know anything about turbos doesn't care about your turbo sticker.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
As long as it’s an OEM spec in another country, I’m cool with it.... AND your car is equipped with that the badge is stating, I’m cool with it.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like that Honda no longer has a badge for every trim level civic in the US. Nobody wants to advertise that they are driving a base model. Special badges for Si, Type R are nice. Mixed feelings on the Touring badge. Touring is a lame name.

There is a guy who lives near me with an Accord V6 and stuck a Type R badge on it. I just assume he thinks the V6 is better than a turbo i4.
Agree, I always feel bad for the owner every time I saw a CX badge on a 6th gen hatchback back in the days.
Sponsored