First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing, sounds like you are really digging the R. I can attest to what @NapalmEnema is saying in that the car really does feel special. I don't get to hoon mine often but when I do, it always gets my heart racing which is exactly what I want in a car. Have you messed with the LogR app at all? It's not anywhere near as nerdy as the K-Tuner data logging IMO but still very cool as a feature from the factory.
I definitely agree that the car is real special. I have tinkered with the LogR. And will for sure use it in the future! Thanks for the response. Hoon safely!! ^^
Sponsored

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
OK enough of this - I'm 44 years old, not 18 - not 19 - neither is the OP - while your intentions are great - turning an enthusiast thread into some bitching about street racing is stupid. I've had performance cars since 18 and I don't just ramp on it in front of a mall or something and run down pedestrians because I think I'm Vin Diesel - have some common sense.

We're all enthusiasts here, and hopefully everyone here drives well with their fellow motorists in mind. But to suggest nobody ever speeds or has some fun in these cars on the regular and 'keep it to the track' is just naive and silly.

There are PLENTY of places to safely open up my cars around the city, my driving record and lack of accidents attest to that fact. I've not had under 300hp since I was a teenager so please - make a thread about the horrors of street racing - but don't go peeing in this guys positive thread about the Type R.

It's unnecessary and it changes nothing about how he or I, or others will drive - because either you know what the hell you're doing - or you would have wrapped it around a tree a long time ago.

/rant off -
Everyone thinks they know what theyā€™re doing until theyā€™re involved in a tragedy.

As a traffic homicide investigator, Iā€™ve had to do TO MANY death investigations involving good people who thought they knew what they were doing or who were left destroyed on a roadway by someone else(who thought they were driving within their limits)

FYI that link I posted involves a road that Iā€™VE personally grossly sped on in my youth. That could just as easily have been me. Iā€™m not immune.

We can all learn from tragedies or get defensive. You do you.

Stay safe.

Last edited:

SI(ck)Civic

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
I had the s13 on a Tein HE set up with the EDFC. Because the car's engine was from Japan and designed for a right hand drive cabin it was constantly spewed turbo fumes into the cockpit that sometimes would make me feel oozy. The transmission was mushy and so different from the Type R's tight and precise feeling. The interior was dated and the dashboard cracked but I did have 2 Bride full bucket seats in them. I had a detachable head unit for music but speakers were decent at best. The window motor got stuck quite often and the car had a series of engine problems that I should have taken care of earlier like thermostat, water pump, all cooling issues. With saying all that, it was such a fun car to experience. I made that car during the California drift phase. The car was made to drift and it was so amazing to get the car sideways and actually be able to control it in it's uncontrolled state. I had kouki tail lights and the flip up lights in the front carried such a cool old school look that I really loved. It was subtle but sporty. But they are such different cars. The type R, you can live with so easily, it's like a really clean, well mannered, and fun to hang with roommate while the s13 was a slob, not very considerate, but laugh all night when you hang with. The s13 was so Raw. I think that's the best way I can put it.
Loved my s13 rest too, always wondered why there was sooooo much fumes in the cabin, that makes a lot of sense! It definitely added to the ā€˜race carā€™ experience being able to smell how hard you were rippin it!

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thatā€™s awesome that your driving spirit is still alive and kicking. Iā€™m 26 and Iā€™m still going strong. I ride sport bikes so Iā€™m familiar with speed, but Iā€™m not obnoxious nor do I do it when I know itā€™s risky. Iā€™ll do a pull or two in the highway when cars are ahead of me and the other person but Iā€™m not going in and out of lanes.

things Iā€™ve raced and either won or pretty close.

camaro ss.
mustang GT.
Golf GTI
Couple WRX
Couple STI
Handful of Siā€™s
Evo X
S2000.
M3
M4.

everything were on highways. I donā€™t do digs. Too much stress on the car and I just donā€™t care for it. I like 40-50-60 pulls.

then Iā€™ve had cars that pull up on me that I knew I was gonna lose but I did it anyway for fun.

3 mcclarens
GTR
Lambo.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Track days are a blast. Iā€™ve only done two ā€hardā€ track days. The track I go to is only two miles with a half mile straight. So much fun!! You realize just how much you donā€™t know about your car, and you have no idea what pushing it really means.

There is a whole thread about mileageā€¦.somewhere. Itā€™s all over the place.

The CTR, isnā€™t really a straight line beast. Thatā€™s for the ZL1 crowd. On a curvy road or track this thing sings!! I love my CTR. Iā€™ve never had a car that thrills me every time I get in it. My only complaint is the low profile tires. I only really hate them though in the spring when the potholes are rampant.

Enjoy the ride man.
I've gone to willow springs with my Si back in day but I can't wait to go with the CTR. I totally agree with you in terms of realizing how much you don't know about your car until you really push it. I've taken a few freeway on ramps and off ramps at what I thought were fast speeds but the car was not at it's limit at all. Not even close. Thanks for the post. I feel the same thrills each time I get behind the wheel. Thanks, and drive safe!

Man, that's heavy. Thanks for sharing and like I said, would never race or even drive fast on local streets especially at an hour when or place when people are walking with their children. Very sad for thr families and just overall horrible story.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK enough of this - I'm 44 years old, not 18 - not 19 - neither is the OP - while your intentions are great - turning an enthusiast thread into some bitching about street racing is stupid. I've had performance cars since 18 and I don't just ramp on it in front of a mall or something and run down pedestrians because I think I'm Vin Diesel - have some common sense.

We're all enthusiasts here, and hopefully everyone here drives well with their fellow motorists in mind. But to suggest nobody ever speeds or has some fun in these cars on the regular and 'keep it to the track' is just naive and silly.

There are PLENTY of places to safely open up my cars around the city, my driving record and lack of accidents attest to that fact. I've not had under 300hp since I was a teenager so please - make a thread about the horrors of street racing - but don't go peeing in this guys positive thread about the Type R.

It's unnecessary and it changes nothing about how he or I, or others will drive - because either you know what the hell you're doing - or you would have wrapped it around a tree a long time ago.

/rant off -
Hahahha. Thanks for backing me up on a positive thread that I was trying to start. I understand street racing is dangerous but I also explained I'd never do this in a place with people walking around or when it was busy on thr streets. Youre absolutely right. We aren't kids and we have better judgment than that. I appreciate the post.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Loved my s13 rest too, always wondered why there was sooooo much fumes in the cabin, that makes a lot of sense! It definitely added to the ā€˜race carā€™ experience being able to smell how hard you were rippin it!
Hahahahha! Yup yup. Definitely an experience ill never forget! ?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Sorry for the minor thread hijack here but how do you find the ps4s tires? I recently put them on my car and i find i have hella more body roll? Tire psi and wheel tq is ok so im guessing its the tire. You notice that too? Car feels much less stable comming into turns at high speed (but once its in it plants itself good) compared to contis
Meant to ask - do you have your tire PSI at 38? That's what I run at - still haven't felt any negative handling characteristics with the PS4's on stock wheels.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thatā€™s awesome that your driving spirit is still alive and kicking. Iā€™m 26 and Iā€™m still going strong. I ride sport bikes so Iā€™m familiar with speed, but Iā€™m not obnoxious nor do I do it when I know itā€™s risky. Iā€™ll do a pull or two in the highway when cars are ahead of me and the other person but Iā€™m not going in and out of lanes.

things Iā€™ve raced and either won or pretty close.

camaro ss.
mustang GT.
Golf GTI
Couple WRX
Couple STI
Handful of Siā€™s
Evo X
S2000.
M3
M4.

everything were on highways. I donā€™t do digs. Too much stress on the car and I just donā€™t care for it. I like 40-50-60 pulls.

then Iā€™ve had cars that pull up on me that I knew I was gonna lose but I did it anyway for fun.

3 mcclarens
GTR
Lambo.
Driving Spirit! That's the perfect phrase. Camaro SS and Mustang GT, those are heavy hitters, not to mention the M cars. That's awesome. For the car not to be a straight line beast to be able to win or hang with those heavy hitters is pretty damn good if you ask me. I actually like racing off the roll as well, I haven't launched yet but I've heard that it does shake pretty violently. The Lambo, hahahah. thanks for the post my guy.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ppl try to race me all. the. time. i think its gotta do with the boost blue. its so eyecatching sometimes it feels like everyone around me start driving faster etc to show off.

ill only race if i feel its safe enough to do so, and i'm never the one to start it.
my car is stock, heres some of the uhh "encounters" ive had:

pulled pretty hard on a camaro pretty sure it was the 4cyl model
raced my friend's older (2013?) camaro SS, and was about neck n neck up to 130ish
raced a newer camaro SS, he started pullin on me past 110ish
whatever the infiniti red sport Q is called? those are pretty damn quick. one pulled on me pretty good, but again..it was like over 100 or so. i think those are the twin turbo v6.

sometimes i get the urge to go down the adding power/tune rabbit hole, but nah, i kno myself and thats just gona get me in more trouble. not necessarily from racing, but just speeding in general. i got 2 speeding tickets the first 2 weeks i got the car lol. and tbh, i like the car the way it is.

im 36 btw, grew up right in that whole street racing/fast n furious scene. super street magazines, hot import nights, francine dee, natashi yi and all that lol. infact, the original fast and furious came out my junior year HS lol
hahahaha! I do get a lot of looks, I can imagine if my car was boost blue, it'd probably be more. Thanks for sharing your encounters. Didn't even know the Camero came in 4 cylinders, hahaa. 4 cylinder turbo! wow. Learn something new everyday.

2 tickets in 2 weeks, ouch. I agree thought, I love the car just as it is. Although I'm sure I'll do little things and later on bigger things. As of right now, it's perfect. Francine Dee!! hahahaha. That's hilarious, I haven't heard her or Natasha's name in such a long time, had a subscription to Import Tuner and Super Street. Man, those were the days! thanks for sharing my guy.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I try to keep my aggressive driving to autocross, but I can't say I haven't engaged in a few street races. However rarely do I run across "even" matches. Its usually either some crazy muscle car wanting to do drag races from a dig, or something that our car completely outclasses.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I try to keep my aggressive driving to autocross, but I can't say I haven't engaged in a few street races. However rarely do I run across "even" matches. Its usually either some crazy muscle car wanting to do drag races from a dig, or something that our car completely outclasses.
I normally drive like my grandma. hahaha. it's just when a car comes up to challenge, it's like a racer's pride. initial D episode 4 or 5. hahaha. Something comes over me and I gotta go. But of course if it's in a safe and ideal situation. People have hit me up in traffic or near a school and I just shake my head at them and their judgement. Once I even had a Mercedes GTR downshift loudly to get my attention. There was way too many cars and I let him mash out and weave in and out of lanes by himself.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I have a consistent set of twisties that sometimes meshes well with some spirited driving when there are large breaks in the traffic which is often... I hear you on the odd car matchups /scenarios - I've had people go bananas on me for not running them from a stoplight - ok Mr 150k AMG if you knew ANYTHING about cars, you'd know this isn't that type of car. I'll even sometimes say that and it somehow makes them even more upset? lol

Love this car - the hate people have for it fuels my turbo.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a consistent set of twisties that sometimes meshes well with some spirited driving when there are large breaks in the traffic which is often... I hear you on the odd car matchups /scenarios - I've had people go bananas on me for not running them from a stoplight - ok Mr 150k AMG if you knew ANYTHING about cars, you'd know this isn't that type of car. I'll even sometimes say that and it somehow makes them even more upset? lol

Love this car - the hate people have for it fuels my turbo.
HAHAHAHA!! That last line tho...

"love this car - the hate people have for it fuels my turbo."

love it!!
Sponsored