MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
So I recently bought a used ktuner. Had a hell of a time one my laptop is a little to old so I had to borrow my gf surface. And 2 feel like the connection of the usb loses connection/it’s just loose on the unit(sons tablet did same kinda thing)

anyways after all the trouble I managed to upload a tune, tried to upload TSP, but not sure if I did that or the ktuner base maps.
But to my actual question!
I’ve noticed that the rpms don’t change!In normal or sport mode. Did I do something wrong or is this a common occurrence. Everything seems to be running ok otherwise. Haven’t gotten on it, baby duty rn, but have driven about 15 miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is this normal? 54B5FA32-4054-44C3-B9FD-46DDE14F0690

Honda Civic 10th gen Is this normal? E65A1652-2925-4B7A-9530-6CC80E276FAB

Honda Civic 10th gen Is this normal? FECE4C19-F3A2-4CC1-BA5C-64FCC1E68B9B

OP
OP
MrJustin81

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok. I didn’t realize that. Thanks for answering my question.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, some good info directly from KTuner which you should check out:

Once you've setup your tune levels and flashed the vehicle on the fly map switching between the tunes is easy!

We use the cruise control buttons to switch. Cruise control must be off and inactive on the dash in order to enter any menus.

Hold Cancel for a long press of two to three seconds.
If you've held long enough you'll notice the tachometer is showing your current tune, 1, 2, or 3.
Use the Resume and Set buttons to move up or down in the tune selection.
Hold for a long press of two to three seconds again to set.

If you keep your V1.2 or V2 connected it will save your tune choice when you switch and automatically load you into this tune at the next key on. If you do not keep your V1.2 or V2 connected you will startup in Tune 1.

This scenario also makes it possible to use Tune 1 as a Valet mode and remove your device so it doesn't automatically set you to another tune choice at key on.

While we advise safe driving techniques for those who are racing off-road it is fully possible to map switch while the vehicle is in motion. We even shorten the length of time needed for the button press in this scenario so it's less distracting.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
I don't have a KTuner, but am thinking about it. Once the tune is set, I assume you can still use cruise control as you normally would, since you do not long-press the cancel button for normal cruise operation? The only button you would long-press would be the ACC button to change the cruise mode.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a KTuner, but am thinking about it. Once the tune is set, I assume you can still use cruise control as you normally would, since you do not long-press the cancel button for normal cruise operation? The only button you would long-press would be the ACC button to change the cruise mode.
Yeah, you can use cruise control but while on you can't switch maps on the fly.
Sponsored