Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
You should not floor it when you are below like 4k rpm except in first or second gear. If you want to go faster then downshift.

When the boost is high your engine is twisting super hard and your wheels can't speed up fast enough, so the weakest point starts to slip.
Part of why I like the idea of a torque converter on paper; I can floor it in my CVT from a standstill and feel that torque kick in without having to worry about a non-fluid expensive plate throwing a fit lol
Sponsored

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Part of why I like the idea of a torque converter on paper; I can floor it in my CVT from a standstill and feel that torque kick in without having to worry about a non-fluid expensive plate throwing a fit lol
honda cvt doesnt have a torque converter.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
honda cvt doesnt have a torque converter.
Oi, you're right. And here I was thinking that honda had engineered some super efficient torque converter that didn't have the slushy feel of the oldstyle automatics lol. Apparently they use a wet-clutch style

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
You should not floor it when you are below like 4k rpm except in first or second gear. If you want to go faster then downshift.

When the boost is high your engine is twisting super hard and your wheels can't speed up fast enough, so the weakest point starts to slip.

You can floor it any gear, but think about the point of flooring it is to speed up as fast as you can. The best way to speed up is to downshift.

Think about going 5mph and being in 4th gear, and flooring the gas. You will get the 60mph in like a minute, but the best way to speed up is hit first and second gear and be at 60 in like 6 seconds. Flooring it in 5th and 6th at under like 90 is the same thing.

If you are just trying to speed up a little then give it a little gas, if you really want to speed up, shift down, floor it and zoom off!!
I floor it all the time in both 5th and 6th like for example when I am passing, and have never experienced any issues such as clutch slipping. The response is usually instant and I reach passing speed quickly so I have not seen the need to downshift, especially when I am going 70 mph plus. In fact I have not had the need to downshift when driving on an elevated grade, the car maintains it's speed easily. I guess I need to change the way I drive, I didn't realize it messes up the clutch

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
I floor it all the time in both 5th and 6th like for example when I am passing, and have never experienced any issues such as clutch slipping. The response is usually instant and I reach passing speed quickly so I have not seen the need to downshift, especially when I am going 70 mph plus. In fact I have not had the need to downshift when driving on an elevated grade, the car maintains it's speed easily. I guess I need to change the way I drive, I didn't realize it messes up the clutch
I pass in 6th all the time also, but I don't floor it. This engine has a lot of torque, so much easier to drive fast than the 8th gen, but if I feel the need to floor it, I downshift then floor it.
Sponsored