First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, this car is going to be gone in a few weeks,but I want to know if this is normal in case the next one does it :)
Any way, when I turn off the climate control completely with the button, the car vibrates at LOT when sitting still. Can't tell if its doing it while I'm moving but for sure when stopped, soon as you turn on the climate control, it stops.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
CVT? i wont say its normal but it's a normal thing that happens on all the CVT
It idles too low in gear but with the a/c on. it will bump the idle high enough

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Any vibration like that is not normal. It's odd that it happens when you turn it off. Do you notice any lack of power? Vibration when your are standing still is usually a misfire.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
No it isn't normal. Ive turned my climate control completely off while idling a bunch of times and there is no difference in vibration. Sounds like it's good that you're getting rid of that car in a few weeks, seems like that car has a lot of underlying issues.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
do a search on the forums... this has been on going since the car came out. It idles too low with the climate control off while in gear. It doesn't always do it but when it does. it shakes the car
No it isn't normal. Ive turned my climate control completely off while idling a bunch of times and there is no difference in vibration. Sounds like it's good that you're getting rid of that car in a few weeks, seems like that car has a lot of underlying issues.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not gonna lie, I thought this was a joke when I saw the OP and thread title before opening it up. :D

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
do a search on the forums... this has been on going since the car came out. It idles too low with the climate control off while in gear. It doesn't always do it but when it does. it shakes the car
Yeah just searched it up, interesting. Its never happened to me before but now next time CC is off and the car is still i'll be looking out for it.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You just don't know the stuff it's started doing in the last few weeks, I just don't post about cause there is no need at this point,plus I don't want anyone thinking I'm whining,or being a PITA.
In all seriousness though, this is the first time I ever just turned it completely off and noticed it so I didn't know if it was normal or no. Now I do,so its one more thing ill be checking before I leave with the new one :)

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
CVT? i wont say its normal but it's a normal thing that happens on all the CVT
It idles too low in gear but with the a/c on. it will bump the idle high enough
Its normal behavior even though it shouldn't be - the AC might help but I notice it the most on cold winter days, start the car and it will idle high since the engine is cold, put it into gear with the CVT, and the idle drops. It won't stall but you can tell the idle is too low. Just bad tuning really, probably more of that tree huggery going on with Honda.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its normal behavior even though it shouldn't be - the AC might help but I notice it the most on cold winter days, start the car and it will idle high since the engine is cold, put it into gear with the CVT, and the idle drops. It won't stall but you can tell the idle is too low. Just bad tuning really, probably more of that tree huggery going on with Honda.
This didn't have anything to do with the a.c. though. It doesn't do it with just the fan blowing,once I shut the fan off,then it does it.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This didn't have anything to do with the a.c. though. It doesn't do it with just the fan blowing,once I shut the fan off,then it does it.
Does your Climate control have to the option to specifically turn the A/C off? On my Touring, even when I turn off Auto, the A/C compressor is still controlled automatically, unless I specifically choose On or Off. (By default, neither the On or Off button is selected.)

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does your Climate control have to the option to specifically turn the A/C off? On my Touring, even when I turn off Auto, the A/C compressor is still controlled automatically, unless I specifically choose On or Off. (By default, neither the On or Off button is selected.)
Yea, I can turn the a.c. off by using the touch screen and it also goes off with the main push button .