Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
When I change gears in my 18 si Coupe.. I notice if let it hang longer in a gear I get this whining noise..
I then I put it into a higher gear and it goes away.. then comes back as i climb into faster speeds.. the odd part as its gets colder the sound goes away when i drive it for a bit.. other than that I have 31k miles on it and no issues.. I had the recall done on oil dilutions thing. and next im doing recall on AC. .
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
When I change gears in my 18 si Coupe.. I notice if let it hang longer in a gear I get this whining noise..
I then I put it into a higher gear and it goes away.. then comes back as i climb into faster speeds.. the odd part as its gets colder the sound goes away when i drive it for a bit.. other than that I have 31k miles on it and no issues.. I had the recall done on oil dilutions thing. and next im doing recall on AC. .
Sounds like gear whine. Nothing to get alarmed over! Perhaps you might consider changing the MT fluid, i bet that would help!

17civicsi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2001 Ford Mustang
Country flag
Mine does the exact same thing. I have a 2017 Si and it does this when shifting mostly from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Just gear whine as mentioned above! I notice it more when I have the heat or AC on.
Sponsored