OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Save the $300 if you want to go with a CF hood.
You can sand it at home, the point is you want it smooth for paint or vinyl. Or buy a new hood, up to you.
Seems like the most logical thing. I just hate driving around with my hood the way it is.

If I ever trade this car in, wouldn't a carbon fiber hood depreciate the value? Because it's not factory, or whatever the sale guys say.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I
Seems like the most logical thing. I just hate driving around with my hood the way it is.

If I ever trade this car in, wouldn't a carbon fiber hood depreciate the value? Because it's not factory, or whatever the sale guys say.
If you’re trading the car, do a cheap paint fix on the hood.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag

If you plan to sell the car in the next year or 2, fix the hood, if not, then go aftermarket and fix the hood when you get time/money and store it.

In private party, the CF hood wont increase value, but might not lower it either. It will hurt the value in a dealers eyes.
Sponsored