Is this dual dash cam compatible with 2016 Civic EX?

JasonDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Country flag
I've been thinking on buying a dash cam for security reasons and to document since the area I live in is prone for traffic congestion which mean the likelihood of getting into an auto accident is high here, but I won't go into any more details.

Now the cam is called Vantrue N2, but the original box comes with a cigarette port (cp) adapter to power the cam, but my 2016 Civic EX, doesn't have a cp, only a 12 volt socket I heard. So the question is can I somehow use this cam for my Civic?

https://www.amazon.com/N2-Pro-Infra...onics&sprefix=dual+dash+cam,mobile,204&sr=1-3
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been thinking on buying a dash cam for security reasons and to document since the area I live in is prone for traffic congestion which mean the likelihood of getting into an auto accident is high here, but I won't go into any more details.

Now the cam is called Vantrue N2, but the original box comes with a cigarette port (cp) adapter to power the cam, but my 2016 Civic EX, doesn't have a cp, only a 12 volt socket I heard. So the question is can I somehow use this cam for my Civic

https://www.amazon.com/N2-Pro-Infrared-1920x1080P-2560x1440P/dp/B0742J69SQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=28T56WLRZ5OQV&keywords=dual+dash+cam&qid=1547929261&s=Electronics&sprefix=dual+dash+cam,mobile,204&sr=1-3
The 12 volt socket will power the cam.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Im pretty sure something thats supposed to fit in a cigarette outlet will also fit in a 12 volt outlet, its the same thing. Only difference I believe is that the 12 volt in the civic doesnt actually light a cigarette.

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I have a Blackvue. Fortunately, I have not needed it. One comment. Blackvue makes a short cable so I can mount the rear camera up front facing rear. Don't want to mount on tinted glass. Or run 30 feet of cable. Here cars do not have front plates. It will see what I see in the rear view mirror. Necessary? Not sure but I took it out of my other car. Sort of a security blanket. Blackvue makes some expensive batteries if you are into parking mode. Reality, if someone broke into my car having a photo would not do much good and the police would not pursue it I am sure.

In my opinion, narrow lanes if there was an accident he said she said, having evidence might help. Better to have no accidents.

Mounting? It was easy to remove the plastic on the passengers side of the front window. Mount behind rearview mirror. That box of Honda cameras does not cause any problem and I will use that to attach the little rear camera. Oh, with all the camera's in my Touring how I wish I could use those as a dash cam! I tucked all the wires in and you can't see them and used the 12 volt outlet in the center console. Very easy and fast install.

So for all the hype, I would love to hear a story where a dash cam was useful? Used as evidence. Something. Or is it just one more gadget?

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So for all the hype, I would love to hear a story where a dash cam was useful? Used as evidence. Something. Or is it just one more gadget?
You never know what you might capture on video. Could be an accident or maybe a crime at a gas station. Look up dash cam videos on YouTube. You'd be shocked at what you see.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I have a Blackvue. Fortunately, I have not needed it. One comment. Blackvue makes a short cable so I can mount the rear camera up front facing rear. Don't want to mount on tinted glass. Or run 30 feet of cable. Here cars do not have front plates. It will see what I see in the rear view mirror. Necessary? Not sure but I took it out of my other car. Sort of a security blanket. Blackvue makes some expensive batteries if you are into parking mode. Reality, if someone broke into my car having a photo would not do much good and the police would not pursue it I am sure.

In my opinion, narrow lanes if there was an accident he said she said, having evidence might help. Better to have no accidents.

Mounting? It was easy to remove the plastic on the passengers side of the front window. Mount behind rearview mirror. That box of Honda cameras does not cause any problem and I will use that to attach the little rear camera. Oh, with all the camera's in my Touring how I wish I could use those as a dash cam! I tucked all the wires in and you can't see them and used the 12 volt outlet in the center console. Very easy and fast install.

Theres a video on youtube where a guy is driving his S2k that had a dash cam installed. He crossed through an intersection just as the light was turning and a car going perpendicular clipped him. The other driver claimed that the S2K ran a red. The video clearly shows that although the S2k ran a yellow, the other driver definately ran a red. He was able to win because of the video
Sponsored