Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I was going through eBay to find something for my dog and happened upon this. I miss the older days when they had the iVTEC DOHC on the Si’s. Is this considered too tacky or too ricer-ish? I’m kinda on the fence with this one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is this considered too ricey/tacky? F1FE8E34-E7A8-4E4C-9D1F-BC6E1384666E
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It’s just a throwback to the VTEC decals on the older Si’s. Nobody really cares about DOHC or Turbos anymore as they are very common on modern engines.

I wouldn't call it rice unless you go overboard with the stickers.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017-19 Canadian Si's got them from Factory, and I've never felt the need to remove it . I have on occasion heard people who aren't car enthusiasts just see it as a shiny blue car, and call out "ou, look it's Turbo" ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Is this considered too ricey/tacky? IMG_20200607_122445

OP
OP
Phillyp17

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It’s just a throwback to the VTEC decals on the older Si’s. Nobody really cares about DOHC or Turbos anymore as they are very common on modern engines.

I wouldn't call it rice unless you go overboard with the stickers.
I agree. I rarely put stickers on my car and I think this would be cool.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We own Hondas... We're the pinnacle of ricehood. own it lol

to answer your Q: You'd be considered Ricer lvl 1.
Add a peaking anime sticker to level up like me ;) haha

Minor Rant Alert: lol I would say true "Ricers" (derogatory name for Japanese car enthusiast) dont care. the Tuner scene in the U.S. is very Tribal and creates this "mine is better than yours" culture. Which is odd because majority of people DONT mod their cars and yet "ricers" tend to hate on other "ricers" because "its not the same company" or scoffs at the new generation of your current model. when in reality we should embrace them, NOT demonize fellow tuners because they have a Ford Focus RS that blows up after driving 5k haha couldnt help myself :p Most docs i see about japanese car culture is very welcoming. nothing is "Wack", nothing is "not cool". They have the general understanding that Tuning is just an expression of YOU in a machine ("Chasing Midnight" and "kei of the city" are good docs/vlogs by Mighty Car Mods that really drives this point home). I've always been a Super GT fan so i fixed up the civic to reflect that. I know not everyone likes my yellow tinted lights and have been clowned with "what are you trying to look like a race car?". My response is usually "yeah, thats exactly what im aiming for" lol all in all if you subscribe to this mindset, you'll find that the community is rad and everyone is almost always yearning to talk about their car/mods. heck you might even learn something lol

Last edited:

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
2017-19 Canadian Si's got them from Factory, and I've never felt the need to remove it . I have on occasion heard people who aren't car enthusiasts just see it as a shiny blue car, and call out "ou, look it's Turbo" ?

IMG_20200607_122445.jpg
I came to say this, but also your BBS RK look great on the Si along with the blacked out window surround trim

OP
OP
Phillyp17

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

IMG_20200607_122445.jpg
We own Hondas... We're the pinnacle of ricehood. own it lol

to answer your Q: You'd be considered Ricer lvl 1.
Add a peaking anime sticker to level up like me ;) haha

Minor Rant Alert: lol I would say true "Ricers" (derogatory name for Japanese car enthusiast) dont care. the Tuner scene in the U.S. is very Tribal and creates this "mine is better than yours" culture. Which is odd because majority of people DONT mod their cars and yet "ricers" tend to hate on other "ricers" because "its not the same company" or scoffs at the new generation of your current model. when in reality we should embrace them demonize fellow tuners because they have a Ford RS that blows up after driving 5k haha couldnt help myself :p Most docs i see about japanese car culture is very welcoming. nothing is "Wack", nothing is "not cool". They have the general understanding that Tuning is just an expression of YOU in a machine (Kei to the City. I've always been a Super GT fan so i fixed up the civic to reflect that. I know not everyone likes my yellow tinted lights and have been clowned with "what are you trying to look like a race car?". My response is usually "yeah, thats exactly what im aiming for" lol all in all if you subscribe to this mindset, you'll find that the community is rad and everyone is almost always yearning to talk about the car/mods. heck you might even learn something lol
I completely agree. Thanks for the knowledge.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I agree. I rarely put stickers on my car and I think this would be cool.
I don’t put stickers on my cars either but when I saw the Canadian models ( EX -T and SI ) have them I also thought it would be cool

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I was going through eBay to find something for my dog and happened upon this. I miss the older days when they had the iVTEC DOHC on the Si’s. Is this considered too tacky or too ricer-ish? I’m kinda on the fence with this one.

F1FE8E34-E7A8-4E4C-9D1F-BC6E1384666E.png
It's a HONDA CIVIC is what we do ...we're the biggest ricers there is

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_20200607_122445.jpg
Turbo, BBS, BBK... Is that a Civic or an Evo!? Haha car is looking great man.

I wouldn't mind a "Turbo" sticker on my car if it came from the factory either.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I came to say this, but also your BBS RK look great on the Si along with the blacked out window surround trim
Turbo, BBS, BBK... Is that a Civic or an Evo!? Haha car is looking great man.

I wouldn't mind a "Turbo" sticker on my car if it came from the factory either.
Thanks fellas! The Turbo sticker is subtle enough to stay; if it was outlandish I would've removed it long time ago :)

The Evo guys certainly took notice of a pesky Civic owner robbing their seats, and their wheels. They may be suspicious as to what's next ?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The only reason I added my own turbo sticker was because I knew the Canadian Si got it.

I got the same color one sold on Energy Green cars
Sponsored