First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey all,
First manual car I bought a little while back. I'm the 2nd owner, 1st owner didn't take amazing care of the car (every wheel is curbed, paint is crazy swirled, few other weird things that tell me it wasn't loved like it should). I know next to nothing about cars but have gotten into my Si a ton and really enjoyed it! I keep hearing about clutch slip, how its defined seems to be different when I read online, how to test seems to be a crapshoot as well and I've yet to find a video of a 10th Gen Si where I can tell exactly what's happening. So could you guys check out these videos and tell me if 1. Am I testing it correctly to see? 2. What exactly clutch slip is? and 3. Is this clutch slip?

If it is? What are my next steps? Do I need to immediately get it switched out? Is it still in early stages so I can save up for a bit first? Just like some insight!

This was 4th gear on the highway:

This was some pulls in 3rd:

Thanks! I love to lurk the forum and you guys post some awesome stuff! Hope i can get some insight!
Sponsored

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Get it replaced, baby the car if you have to drive it till you can. Best way to make its life even shorter is to continue attempting to do pulls with it in that condition.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Yeah. It's on it's way out. Don't be doing pulls like that any more otherwise you'll end up with all neutrals one day lol.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
OP
OP
OutOfStep813

OutOfStep813

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you guys for the insight...I was hoping it wasn't the case.
What do you guys think I expect to pay for something like a clutch replacement? Should I just avoid OEM?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
about 12-1300$ seems to be the norm for labor. Don't go with stock, not worth it. Either the CTR retrofit that RV6 is selling or ACT HDSS works great. You're looking at a good 2500$ either way to do it.

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
Thank you guys for the insight...I was hoping it wasn't the case.
What do you guys think I expect to pay for something like a clutch replacement? Should I just avoid OEM?
around 1000 for parts I got mine installed for about 1300, make sure to tell shops you already have the parts when getting a quote. I'd also go ahead and get a whiteline front sway bar since its near impossible to install it yourself, the shop did mine for free since the subframe needs to be taken off anyway and its incredibly easy from there

OP
OP
OutOfStep813

OutOfStep813

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
about 12-1300$ seems to be the norm for labor. Don't go with stock, not worth it. Either the CTR retrofit that RV6 is selling or ACT HDSS works great. You're looking at a good 2500$ either way to do it.
Yeah, I called around, seems to be the going rate. Think I'm going to go with the CTR Retrofit and RV6 flywheel and have a local shop do it. Super bummed about it, but at least this means I won't have to worry when I finally buy a K-Tuner!

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Yeah, I called around, seems to be the going rate. Think I'm going to go with the CTR Retrofit and RV6 flywheel and have a local shop do it. Super bummed about it, but at least this means I won't have to worry when I finally buy a K-Tuner!
You should be good for full bolt on and a bigger turbo with that, sucks to have to spent on a clutch when the car is mostly stock but at least it'll be future proof.

Berserk_FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe SI
Country flag
better to get it done then just leave it alone, if you plan on tuning or even doing some mods it'll be a great peace of mind to not worry about it eventually slipping

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hoping OP can keep us posted through the entire process. This thread will help a lot of people in the future going from problem, to options, to price, to resolution, to overall satisfaction of what they went with.

Thanks for all the info and expertise while making it easy to understand for the average shmo.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Yeah. It's on it's way out. Don't be doing pulls like that any more otherwise you'll end up with all neutrals one day lol.
Neutral + 6 more neutrals + reverse. Sounds like a fun time.
Sponsored