IS THIS ALL CORRECT?!?!?!

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2017 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan CVT 1.5L Turbocharged I need to buy new brake pads and rotors, it will be the first time changing both ever since I purchased my car. I was looking to purchase OEM ones. I am confused on how if I am reading the pictures diagrams correctly from these Honda sites like Bernadi, Majestic, and etc…

This is my first time buying parts from these websites. I know when buying new brake pads and rotors you have to buy new brake hardware like the screws and bolts for both. Attached to this post are pictures of a cart with items that I think I need to buy. If I am buying something wrong or missing stuff to buy please let me know as I am not sure if I am buying what I should or shouldn’t be

Honda Civic 10th gen IS THIS ALL CORRECT?!?!?! 4BA1A9F2-A7A4-4F38-94B6-A6CA8CB67BDA
Honda Civic 10th gen IS THIS ALL CORRECT?!?!?! 25FA0283-356B-416C-B420-5A5EFB72E9D5
Honda Civic 10th gen IS THIS ALL CORRECT?!?!?! 0F84DFC9-EA69-43B6-A9D0-0D12D0916F91

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Go to tirerack and get hawk or stop tech. No charts to read, type in your car, get the exact parts you need.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Or go to local autoparts store and they can look up your vehicle and tell you options also.

OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go to tirerack and get hawk or stop tech. No charts to read, type in your car, get the exact parts you need.
Or go to local autoparts store and they can look up your vehicle and tell you options also.
Thank you but I was trying to buy OEM brake pads and rotors

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you but I was trying to buy OEM brake pads and rotors
https://www.hondapartsdirect.com/

Actually not sure if they have pads and rotors. You'd think they would but didn't really see category from quick glance. Never bought from them and barely have searched site before.

Personally I'd look for brand that offers better than OEM but I understand people that want to stick to stock parts.

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://www.hondapartsdirect.com/

Actually not sure if they have pads and rotors. You'd think they would but didn't really see category from quick glance. Never bought from them and barely have searched site before.

Personally I'd look for brand that offers better than OEM but I understand people that want to stick to stock parts.
I have found where to buy and what to buy to get the stock OEM pads and rotors from a Honda OEM site like the one you posted and similar.

My question is related to the hardware to buy for the pads and rotors like you know the screws and bolts stuff like that. I am not sure if I am buying all the correct items needed or if I am missing anything or buying unnecessary items that I don’t need.

As you can see in my first post I posted the pictures of what is in my cart right now and if I am buying all the correct items needed with the pads and rotors. I want to know if it’s all correct in my cart or if I am missing any items or a few screws or bolts. Or if there is anything I am buying is that is unnecessary to buy.

OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anybody have any experience doing the same or know what to get exactly for the OEM brake pads and rotors ?

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah my bad. I didn't read properly. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you.

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
I’m reading this on my phone. Let me get my laptop and help you out. Some of the quantities are questionable in my opinion.
Please allow me to look at the parts breakdown and See what all you are ordering.

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
45255-TBC-A01 x2 is unnecessary unless the current ones are damaged.​
93600-06014-0H x10 is a incorrect quantity. You need 4 total for all rotors. 1x per rotor.
93892-05012-08 x6 (cannot find anything brake related for this)​
43253-TBA-A00 x2 not required unless the current ones are damaged and you want to remove the rear wheel bearings to change out.​
95701-06012-05 x6 are unnecessary unless you are changing out the splash shields that are damaged and want to remove the hub assembly on all wheels.​

I hope this clears everything up. Basically all you need is the rotors, pads, and the 4 screws in total that attach the rotor to the hub assembly.​
Don’t hesitate to DM me if you have more questions!​

OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah my bad. I didn't read properly. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you.
it’s okay thank you for trying to help me regardless I appreciate it

45255-TBC-A01 x2 is unnecessary unless the current ones are damaged.​
93600-06014-0H x10 is a incorrect quantity. You need 4 total for all rotors. 1x per rotor.​
93892-05012-08 x6 (cannot find anything brake related for this)​
43253-TBA-A00 x2 not required unless the current ones are damaged and you want to remove the rear wheel bearings to change out.​
95701-06012-05 x6 are unnecessary unless you are changing out the splash shields that are damaged and want to remove the hub assembly on all wheels.​
I hope this clears everything up. Basically all you need is the rotors, pads, and the 4 screws in total that attach the rotor to the hub assembly.​
Don’t hesitate to DM me if you have more questions!​
Thank you so much for helping me out on this!!! It made things so much better and easier for me I didn’t have to purchase unnecessary things that I didn’t even need at all I appreciate all the help and time you took out to solve this situation for me if there is anything else I need to understand or help with I will definitely contact you! Below I attached the pictures of the new updated cart it should be all good now Thank You again!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen IS THIS ALL CORRECT?!?!?! 57189ED9-61C8-4264-A0D4-56ED103515DE
Honda Civic 10th gen IS THIS ALL CORRECT?!?!?! B6F50190-CFDC-4550-A058-10BC8DCFA8A9

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
it’s okay thank you for trying to help me regardless I appreciate it

Thank you so much for helping me out on this!!! It made things so much better and easier for me I didn’t have to purchase unnecessary things that I didn’t even need at all I appreciate all the help and time you took out to solve this situation for me if there is anything else I need to understand or help with I will definitely contact you! Below I attached the pictures of the new updated cart it should be all good now Thank You again!!!

57189ED9-61C8-4264-A0D4-56ED103515DE.png
B6F50190-CFDC-4550-A058-10BC8DCFA8A9.png
No problem at all! Also since you are changing the rear pads as well. You’ll need to put the rear calipers into maintenance mode. You cannot compress the rear calipers like the older Hondas by twisting or using a large C Clamp. It requires an Allen wrench to remove the cover and a E11 socket to twist the caliper clock wise until it stops. I found the socket at advance auto parts. When the job is complete and the car is back on the ground. Turn the key to the on position but do not start the car and cycle the parking brake a few times to allow the caliper to seat back to the proper position. Also pump the brakes until the pedal builds up pressure again since the front calipers will be off as well. I know it sounds like a lot but it’s super simple. I just done my rear’s about a week ago.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
What's your end goal here?
You may not need all the parts you're looking at.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
You don't need the screws to hold the rotors to the hub, that's only done at the factory so the rotors stay on during the assembly process. Once your wheels are on your rotors are secured and in their place. That's only adding a possible pain in the butt later to remove. Also, stock brake parts from Honda aren't that good, the stock rotor material is sub par, I would recommend Centric rotors if looking for normal driving and some ceramic posi-quiet pads from the same company. Save yourself the hassle of replacing the rotors in 3-4 years by buying some decent ones to begin with.
Sponsored