Is This a Revised Version of Vland Headlights?

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I bought the Vland LED headlights and went to install them. Spent two hours removing the bumper and stock headlights. I was ready to put the new ones on when I realized the long cable that connects one headlight to the other was missing. The power cable that connects to the battery was also missing.

Then upon further examination of the Vland wiring, I noticed it was different than others Iā€™ve seen on Youtube videos and online.

This is how mine look. Only 3 connectors:
Honda Civic 10th gen Is This a Revised Version of Vland Headlights? B23D1311-2DF4-4A7E-A835-5B41B659B8CC

In the YT video posted by @Unity Performance, they have these two wires which mine donā€™t have. One connects to the other headlight and the one connects to the power cable .
Honda Civic 10th gen Is This a Revised Version of Vland Headlights? 4D0308AB-8086-4889-AF0D-C2007F6345F5

On mine, where those two wires are supposed to come out, there is just a rubber plug:
Honda Civic 10th gen Is This a Revised Version of Vland Headlights? BB5BBC4A-9668-46B9-8252-A3DA8C0C4FC9

I believe there is a non-sequential version of these. Is that what I have here? Or is this some new version that no longer requires the power cable and piggyback cable?

Last edited:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hi @aerodynamics, you seem to have the non-sequential version; cannot 100% say as yes these differ from the version which we carry that has the cable which links both headlights for the sequential feature. Test them without installing the bumper to see how they function, please do share here what you find

OP
OP
aerodynamics

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi @aerodynamics, you seem to have the non-sequential version; cannot 100% say as yes these differ from the version which we carry that has the cable which links both headlights for the sequential feature. Test them without installing the bumper to see how they function, please do share here what you find
I didnā€™t get to test it. It was getting late and I need the car tomorrow. Everything is put back to stock and Iā€™m returning the headlights and will place an order with you guys which is what I shouldā€™ve done in the first place. Expect an order from me by end of week.

OP
OP
aerodynamics

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed the wiring on the TRS headlights has the rubber plug just like the ones I got. So maybe there really is a new version?
Honda Civic 10th gen Is This a Revised Version of Vland Headlights? 26997.Honda_Civic_16_OE_LED_Style_Headlights.115

Also, whatā€™s supposed to plug in here?
Honda Civic 10th gen Is This a Revised Version of Vland Headlights? 9C0050D6-0B64-4498-A023-AD2D5E3F0AE2

OP
OP
aerodynamics

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just to follow up, I installed the headlights, wired them up and they work as theyā€™re supposed to. So yes, they changed the wiring. No more power cable or pigtail wire required. It is now truly a 1:1 plug and play kit.

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to follow up, I installed the headlights, wired them up and they work as theyā€™re supposed to. So yes, they changed the wiring. No more power cable or pigtail wire required. It is now truly a 1:1 plug and play kit.
Iā€™m in same boat and lost on how to install. The DRL white plug...

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hi, old post, but where did you order these with the updated wiring?

I'm interested in the most plug-n-play install; no tapping into the battery with extra wires and having to hide/zip-tying them.

Are the ones from Unity Performance the same VLAND brand?

OP
OP
aerodynamics

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi, old post, but where did you order these with the updated wiring?

I'm interested in the most plug-n-play install; no tapping into the battery with extra wires and having to hide/zip-tying them.

Are the ones from Unity Performance the same VLAND brand?
I got them from ebay. Not sure what brand Unity is shipping.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, ours are VLAND as well. For US cars, there's no tapping into the battery / hiding cables. You are provided an ACC cable, just leave it in the box

https://unity-performance.com/collections/exterior/products/touring-style-led-headlights-sequential
Hey, those look amazing, but I have a thought: is the clear front lens identical to the OEM lens in shape (including all of the bumps)? Iā€™m wondering if Lamin-x yellow headlight covers for the OEM headlights will work on these. Thoughts?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, those look amazing, but I have a thought: is the clear front lens identical to the OEM lens in shape (including all of the bumps)? Iā€™m wondering if Lamin-x yellow headlight covers for the OEM headlights will work on these. Thoughts?
The clear lens is indeed identical :)

We just installed a set of the headlights on our CTR, and laid the Jets Vinyl Yellow Touring Headlight Tint on top

Honda Civic 10th gen Is This a Revised Version of Vland Headlights? DSC_3863.JPG

Leaton

First Name
Leaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS Hatchback 2021, Phoenix Orange
Country flag
Curious, how do you replace LED indicator bulbs? Asking cos it obviouly not just one bulb, hence the animated turn lights.

Also I only see one headlight socket for bulb replacement, how do you replace the other headlight, lowbeam or highbeam, whatever the other one is?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The clear lens is indeed identical :)

We just installed a set of the headlights on our CTR, and laid the Jets Vinyl Yellow Touring Headlight Tint on top

DSC_3863.JPG
Received the Vland headlights! TY! ?? Looking forward to installing them.

It came with a DRL headlight harness, but, to my knowledge, that's only for cars with OEM LEDs. Since I'm converting from halogen, I don't use that harness. Am I wrong? That harness is for cars in countries that mandate DRLs, like Canada. Unity's website had the info.

Also, just to circle-back: the lens outline is identical, but the OEM halogen lens has a different main prism across the lens than the Vland headlights; the little DRL prism is identical though.

Last edited:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to necropost, but just to be clear: I used to have the Vland LEDs that came with the cable, and now I have the same LED/sequential style, but without the cable, and only the rubber plug like yours. Does the sequential still work for you?

OP
OP
aerodynamics

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not to necropost, but just to be clear: I used to have the Vland LEDs that came with the cable, and now I have the same LED/sequential style, but without the cable, and only the rubber plug like yours. Does the sequential still work for you?
Yes.
Sponsored