Is there any type of warning if a light burns out?

ricklndn

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just wondering if there is any type of warning if say a headlight burns out, or a blinker burns out.. any type of warning message?
2020 honda civic ex.
Sponsored

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wondering if there is any type of warning if say a headlight burns out, or a blinker burns out.. any type of warning message?
2020 honda civic ex.
Nah, I know that on my 9th gen the DRL warning light came up if it went bad, only cause I guess it was tied with the high beam. But for us on the 10th I think it’s just a normal thing you’ll see and notice it’s out. I’ve noticed on some other cars on the road they’d sometimes have a drl not working so I can’t imagine there’ll be a dash light bugging them since it’s “not important” less you live in Canada. For the blinker, you’ll just notice a regular “hyper flash” if one of the turn bulbs stopped working.

OP
OP
ricklndn

ricklndn

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I just have these new low beam led headlights coming today and was just wondering if I will ever get a message of some sort if one burns out.. but I guess I would be able to see it on the road if it happens... nice that they give a 12 month no question asked warranty, so I'm not to worried..
If anyone has experience with these led lights let me know.. seems to have good reviews.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is there any type of warning if a light burns out? Screenshot_20201202-130322_Amazon Shoppin

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just have these new low beam led headlights coming today and was just wondering if I will ever get a message of some sort if one burns out.. but I guess I would be able to see it on the road if it happens... nice that they give a 12 month no question asked warranty, so I'm not to worried..
If anyone has experience with these led lights let me know.. seems to have good reviews.

Screenshot_20201202-130322_Amazon Shopping.jpg
that’s a good brand pretty reputable brand. Can’t attest since I swapped my unit for the Morimoto OE LED version. But I used to have the OPT7 brand in my projectors before hand, and currently got Hikari brand in my bike.

OP
OP
ricklndn

ricklndn

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Got them hooked up.. just got to see what they look like at night time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is there any type of warning if a light burns out? 20201202_145733

Honda Civic 10th gen Is there any type of warning if a light burns out? 20201202_150124

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I have them. You will probably notice they wiggle and shake around. Open your hood and grab the back of the bulb (beware it will be very hot if you had it on!) and move it around gently. I actually used high temp super glue on them to keep them from shaking around. YMMV

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
You'll notice the driving but you should also do a walk around of your car pretty regularly to check the lights / signals anyways.

Also if your bulb wiggles in the socket then that's some pretty low quality stuff I wouldn't run. I have amazon LEDs that are fine though.

OP
OP
ricklndn

ricklndn

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I have them. You will probably notice they wiggle and shake around. Open your hood and grab the back of the bulb (beware it will be very hot if you had it on!) and move it around gently. I actually used high temp super glue on them to keep them from shaking around. YMMV
Yes you are right, the one had a very small shake to it.. so what I did is took out the small screw and put a slitly bigger one in because the other one was stripped...
So its good now, but I will most likely do what you said also because the bumps in the road may make it happen again

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020 honda civic ex.
I got a warning for a bulb before. He wasn’t too nice ?
Sponsored