Is there an upcoming 2018 Civic Si?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone should be able to get 17's for a good discount right now due to end of quarter and new model year coming in.
Sponsored

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Oh, I wouldn't say that at all. I'm still very pleased with my Si (surprisingly so), but I'm being realistic in the fact that I normally don't keep a vehicle longer than a year. My Ridgeline is a few months past due and although the Si still satisfies me today, I know that in the months ahead something better/different will come along that grabs my attention whether that's a Type R or a refreshed 2019 Si or a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual. :)
That new accord is pretty nice! Just saw the one HP Jason put on his IG.

I'm hoping to keep this car for a good while and pass it on to my nephews. I'm hoping by then I will have enough money to buy a Tesla :)

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Everyone should be able to get 17's for a good discount right now due to end of quarter and new model year coming in.
Just paid $24,480 OTD on a 17 Sedan WOP
So I'd agree with your statement!

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Just paid $24,480 OTD on a 17 Sedan WOP
So I'd agree with your statement!
Nice, I am going in on Saturday to a local dealership. $24,480 is reasonable. I was told that my Costco discount would give me an additional savings of $1775. But that would bring me down to just about invoice and I don't know if it's even possible to go OTD with an invoice price.

The other thing is that they don't have my Agean Blue color. They probably won't agree to bring it over from another dealership.
And will tell me just to wait for 2018 where I will end up paying significantly more.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Country flag
Nice, I am going in on Saturday to a local dealership. $24,480 is reasonable. I was told that my Costco discount would give me an additional savings of $1775. But that would bring me down to just about invoice and I don't know if it's even possible to go OTD with an invoice price.

The other thing is that they don't have my Agean Blue color. They probably won't agree to bring it over from another dealership.
And will tell me just to wait for 2018 where I will end up paying significantly more.

How does the Costco thing work? My mom has a membership there so Im interested.

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..

I used my USAA Truecar discount and $500 Honda Finance Military discount to get that price...according to the Si Price thread on this forum that's about as low as it gets.

XpoH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag
Oh, I wouldn't say that at all. I'm still very pleased with my Si (surprisingly so), but I'm being realistic in the fact that I normally don't keep a vehicle longer than a year. My Ridgeline is a few months past due and although the Si still satisfies me today, I know that in the months ahead something better/different will come along that grabs my attention whether that's a Type R or a refreshed 2019 Si or a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual. :)
Accord 2.0T Sport Manual looks really amazing in this video. I feel like pics do not do this car justice as it looks completely different in the video.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Civic Si is motivated by a more powerful version of the 1.5-liter VTEC Turbo® engine, with a peak output of 205 horsepower3 and 192 lb.-ft. torque4, paired with a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission for an exhilarating driving experience.

o_O
not true it is the same engine and has already been confirmed buy Honda. This is just a marketing tool to draw consumers on the "Vtec"

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The Civic Si is motivated by a more powerful version of the 1.5-liter VTEC Turbo® engine, with a peak output of 205 horsepower3 and 192 lb.-ft. torque4, paired with a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission for an exhilarating driving experience.

o_O
not true it is the same engine and has already been confirmed buy Honda. This is just a marketing tool to draw consumers on the "Vtec"
Don't worry - Honda will (may) eventually correct it. Remember: The original press released for the 2017 Civic Si said it had remote start, rain-sensing wipers, and a single-mass flywheel - none of which were correct. Their spec sheet also lists boost pressure as a maximum of 20.3 yet nobody has seen higher than 18. Not that it matters as long as the engine produces the claimed amount of power (which it actually produces more), but...details... :)

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't worry - Honda will (may) eventually correct it. Remember: The original press released for the 2017 Civic Si said it had remote start, rain-sensing wipers, and a single-mass flywheel - none of which were correct. Their spec sheet also lists boost pressure as a maximum of 20.3 yet nobody has seen higher than 18. Not that it matters as long as the engine produces the claimed amount of power (which it actually produces more), but...details... :)
Oh well

Honda Civic 10th gen Is there an upcoming 2018 Civic Si? test

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

o_O
I believe it is meant as "[compared to other/standard Civics,] The Civic Si is...", -- see the text just before that, where they list the non-Si models' HP/TQ specs.

XpoH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I believe it is meant as "[compared to other/standard Civics,] The Civic Si is...", -- see the text just before that, where they list the non-Si models' HP/TQ specs.
it seems like base accord 1.5 doesn't have VTEC as well.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
This is news that we are all waiting for. This is great because we will have better discount of the 2017 leftover inventory. The news release does not mention if there are any changes for the new model years.

If the 2018 Civics are arriving on Oct-3, this means that they are already in the production line. Wonder if the dealerships really did not know or they would not tell us! I was in a dealership just a few days ago. I asked a specific question if I ordered a car at the time would it be 2017 or 2018. The response was it would be 2017.
Sponsored