Is there an upcoming 2018 Civic Si?

flare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Question. Is there in fact an upcoming 2018 Civic Si? Or is the 2017 model that came out in May the one that will also be for sale next year?

I have watched videos and articles and some people call it 2017 while others call it 2018.

I am interested in purchasing a Civic Si and I was waiting for the 2018 models to come out but perhaps there is no point in waiting.
Sponsored

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question. Is there in fact an upcoming 2018 Civic Si? Or is the 2017 model that came out in May the one that will also be for sale next year?

I have watched videos and articles and some people call it 2017 while others call it 2018.

I am interested in purchasing a Civic Si and I was waiting for the 2018 models to come out but perhaps there is no point in waiting.
It'd be a safe assumption that the 2018 MY will be exactly the same as the 2017. The CTR was confirmed to have no changes for 2018, so I can't imagine Honda changing anything on the Si. Especially after such a late MY release.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2018 Civic Si's are coming in November... the dealer that my buddy works at has a few on order.. :thumbsup:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I'm really hoping for the spare tire kit availability to improve in some way, with the '18 MY release.

If not, I'll be buying the spare by itself (with the kit/jack insert on top of it) and just keeping it in the trunk, without raising the floor (i.e. still keep the existing inflation/repair kit). I think it would actually lose less trunk space this way, and have an option for not taking the spare on a trip when the extra trunk space is essential.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Almost all Honda MY changeover seems to start happening now and goes until end of year. I doubt we'll be waiting til next year to see next MY on any of the Honda lineup. The only thing I don't see in stock with 2018 on it right now (locally) is civic's. I suspect they will fan out from ports to midwest as the 2018 MY ships in.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I'm really hoping for the spare tire kit availability to improve in some way, with the '18 MY release.

If not, I'll be buying the spare by itself (with the kit/jack insert on top of it) and just keeping it in the trunk, without raising the floor (i.e. still keep the existing inflation/repair kit). I think it would actually lose less trunk space this way, and have an option for not taking the spare on a trip when the extra trunk space is essential.
You still don't have a spare tire after all this time? ;)

(I don't, either, nor do I really give it much thought.)

After almost four months, it looks like I'll probably sell or trade it before I ever put a spare tire in it. :)

EDIT: This got me to wondering if there were any used Sis for sale yet, so I started a thread on the subject.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/used-2017-civic-sis-already-for-sale.15793/

Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

Yeah I just keep procrastinating, figuring that statistics are probably still on my side, after just a couple months... But I'm getting really, really close to buying it.

After almost four months, it looks like I'll probably sell or trade it before I ever put a spare tire in it. :)
Nah I'm settling in for a long haul, planning to keep this baby for at least 10 years... wanna be prepared for anything. Gonna get me some water, canned food and ammo compartment right next to that spare tire, too. You just never know, with the zombies and Kim and aliens and all. :D

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag

EDIT: This got me to wondering if there were any used Sis for sale yet, so I started a thread on the subject.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/used-2017-civic-sis-already-for-sale.15793/
Has the honeymoon stage worn off?? I decided to just put a plug kit in my car as a JIC.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Has the honeymoon stage worn off??
Oh, I wouldn't say that at all. I'm still very pleased with my Si (surprisingly so), but I'm being realistic in the fact that I normally don't keep a vehicle longer than a year. My Ridgeline is a few months past due and although the Si still satisfies me today, I know that in the months ahead something better/different will come along that grabs my attention whether that's a Type R or a refreshed 2019 Si or a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual. :)

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I have been told the build date for my 18' SI is mid October.
Strange. I dropped by the dealership (Toronto) on Saturday and they told me that if I ordered a Civic, it would be a 2017.

I have decided to get a SI Coupe, the only question now is which model year.

Blacklude4: What much is the 2018 Si? For pre-order, I would assume there's no discount then.

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
What much is the 2018 Si? For pre-order, I would assume there's no discount then.
All trims of the 2018 hatchbacks have an MSRP increase of $200 compared to 2017 models. I would assume the SI will be a similar increase.
No, most dealers would not give a discount for a pre-order. All it really does is give you first dibs on the car when the one you are looking for shows up on their lot. In my case I want a car with no test drives and zero accessories/add-ons. Price comes down to what you negotiate.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
All trims of the 2018 hatchbacks have an MSRP increase of $200 compared to 2017 models. I would assume the SI will be a similar increase.
No, most dealers would not give a discount for a pre-order. All it really does is give you first dibs on the car when the one you are looking for shows up on their lot. In my case I want a car with no test drives and zero accessories/add-ons. Price comes down to what you negotiate.
Not sure if I need first dibs. The only variation on the car is color. So, you probably have to pay full MSRP then. What color did you choose?

You are right about no test drive. When I test drove the SI, the salesman kept asking me to push the car. The car had less than 100KM in its odometer.
Sponsored