Is there a way to change the 6MT Sport dash/screen with like a Type R dash/screen?

hALfnhALfs

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Touring R-24,252
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know it may sound stupid the way I worded it, but I was wanting to know if there is a possible way to change out the plain Sport 6MT UI/Dash/Screen with like the Type R's UI/dash/screen. Which in turn would make it like the Sport Touring's UI/Dash/Screen.... but it'd be in 6MT.

I figured and can totally be wrong, that since the Type R is in 6MT and everything on the Type R can fit onto the Sport, that the wiring harness can't be impossible to do such a swap.

Has anyone done this or thought of such a thing? Assume that money isn't an issue, I just wanna know if it CAN be done is all... cause I have a 17' CVT EX and a 6MT Sport and their UI's are vastly different hah
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you can direct swap the HU's but you won't have a lot of the functions because the Sport doesn't have them. There should be at least a couple threads on this. It's really not a good idea though unless you can find a cheap used OEM HU. The upper trim HU is over $1k new.

OP
OP
hALfnhALfs

hALfnhALfs

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you can direct swap the HU's but you won't have a lot of the functions because the Sport doesn't have them. There should be at least a couple threads on this. It's really not a good idea though unless you can find a cheap used OEM HU. The upper trim HU is over $1k new.

hmmm, that's not thattt expensive >< I pretty much want to make my Sport, a Sport Touring in 6 speed MT since before they released the hatches, they took that option away and made them only CVT :[

and idk what to type in to find such a thread that was already made so I can read peoples ideas/thoughts that know way more than me

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
What are the features / differences of the Sport Touring head unit that you want in your Sport? Is the R similar to the Sport Touring, or is it totally different?

OP
OP
hALfnhALfs

hALfnhALfs

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the features / differences of the Sport Touring head unit that you want in your Sport? Is the R similar to the Sport Touring, or is it totally different?

i'll link what two dashes i have, i just want it to look better than the Sport 6MT vs the CVT civic
Honda Civic 10th gen Is there a way to change the 6MT Sport dash/screen with like a Type R dash/screen? 2017-honda-civic-sport-hatchback-dashboard
Honda Civic 10th gen Is there a way to change the 6MT Sport dash/screen with like a Type R dash/screen? cvt civic dash Honda Civic 10th gen Is there a way to change the 6MT Sport dash/screen with like a Type R dash/screen? 20170201_105802

So the Sport touring is these two combined, which is want... but I do not want CVT ;b So I just wanna know if its possible to upgrade it from that basic Sport dash/screen

also note that I didn't take these pictures, I didn't wanna walk outside and get into both cars.. so I found em on Google...but they are what I have

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The HU is not dependent on transmission. The tach display is different on the upper trims.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Wow, that smaller screen is kind of ugly lol. I'm sure I've seen a Sport with a manual transmission with the bigger screen before, so it's surely possible. The one thing I'm not sure of is how it would fit on top of the climate controls, but from the photos it looks like the climate controls are the same size between the models, so I imagine it would work. I think I actually like that lower trim climate control better, would save going into the touchscreen menu every time I want to change something. I'd actually be tempted to swap for that one, except I'd lose controls for the heated seats.

beefalo

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Phoenix Android Radio will get you an upgraded HU for around $400

OP
OP
hALfnhALfs

hALfnhALfs

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I honestly just hate that tiny ass screen
Wow, that smaller screen is kind of ugly lol. I'm sure I've seen a Sport with a manual transmission with the bigger screen before, so it's surely possible. The one thing I'm not sure of is how it would fit on top of the climate controls, but from the photos it looks like the climate controls are the same size between the models, so I imagine it would work. I think I actually like that lower trim climate control better, would save going into the touchscreen menu every time I want to change something. I'd actually be tempted to swap for that one, except I'd lose controls for the heated seats.

I will admit that not having to press that climate button is pretty nice... but look at that tiny ass screen :/ idk, I'm just salty there wasn't/isn't a Sport Touring in 6MT... you lose the sunroof, heated seats, right side camera, premium audio, and bigger screen [so it's clearer what you're seeing when reversing], push start, keyless entry lol etc etc

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It'd be cheaper in the long run to trade it in for an Si. That's what I ended up doing, once the shortcomings of the Sport really started bothering me. I don't regret it one bit.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, that smaller screen is kind of ugly lol. I'm sure I've seen a Sport with a manual transmission with the bigger screen before, so it's surely possible.
The Sport in Canada is equipped from the factory very differently than the US models. US Sport does not come with the display audio at all, not even as an option, but it is standard in Canada. Canada Sport has a lot more bells and whistles than in the US.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought OP was talking about the tachometer/speedometer display behind the steering wheel, not the music/radio head unit...

OP
OP
hALfnhALfs

hALfnhALfs

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought OP was talking about the tachometer/speedometer display behind the steering wheel, not the music/radio head unit...

both tbh :b
Sponsored