Is there a light will come on if I upgrade my clutch?

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Planning on upgrading for fx300 with single mass flywheel, just wanna ask if it will trigger a code? Or it will give me a problem for codes in the future? Thanks for the help
Sponsored

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Do you know if the SPEC single mass flywheel will cause the misfire code? I know it was tested and didn't show up but just wondering if it would pop up on the factory tune also.

I have read around that unlike the older platform Civics, the 10th gen does not trigger the code with the SMF. And people had only said so from prior experience with the older Civics. Is this true? (If you know)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know if the SPEC single mass flywheel will cause the misfire code? I know it was tested and didn't show up but just wondering if it would pop up on the factory tune also.

I have read around that unlike the older platform Civics, the 10th gen does not trigger the code with the SMF. And people had only said so from prior experience with the older Civics. Is this true? (If you know)
This has proven to not be an issue on the tenth gen, regardless of your flywheel / clutch / programmer combination. :thumbsup:

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think a member here installed the clutch Masters SMF and it did throw some type of code: https://www.civicx.com/threads/clut...single-mass-flywheel.25164/page-5#post-452714

I think the new SPEC combo is not supposed to though from what I understand.
I think a member here installed the clutch Masters SMF and it did throw some type of code: https://www.civicx.com/threads/clut...single-mass-flywheel.25164/page-5#post-452714

I think the new SPEC combo is not supposed to though from what I understand.
I actually saw that thread, apparently the code was not misfire related but actually transmission related? Like a disconnected plug or something of the likes.

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Yea, dont think it ended up being a misfire, but sounds like the car detected a change in the transmission. From the thread, it doesn't seem like the code was ever resolved though, I think he just cleared it.
Sponsored