Is there a break in period for the Si Seats?

display99x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 GenCoupe Track
Country flag
This could be a stupid question as I have been driving the same vehicle (GenCoupe) for 9 years now and I just picked up a 18 Si yesterday.

During test driving and like the first 20 miles the driver seat was fine but now it is actually pain full on my ass (not the back) after about 4min of sitting on it. I checked the passenger seat and it feels perfectly fine.

On a side note, this is my first Honda and I am so glad I saved money and got MY18. I do not miss the volume knob at all and the clutch feels great and I am easily able to feel the engagement point. :)
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do remember mine bothering me for a little while after buying the car and do not have any complaints today. I'm sure you will be fine. :thumbsup:

Azjose86

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
My lower back was in some good pain for about 2 weeks after getting the car. Took a while to finally find the perfect position for me. I'd say it took till about 1000 miles where I felt it stopped bothering me

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
This could be a stupid question as I have been driving the same vehicle (GenCoupe) for 9 years now and I just picked up a 18 Si yesterday.

During test driving and like the first 20 miles the driver seat was fine but now it is actually pain full on my ass (not the back) after about 4min of sitting on it. I checked the passenger seat and it feels perfectly fine.

On a side note, this is my first Honda and I am so glad I saved money and got MY18. I do not miss the volume knob at all and the clutch feels great and I am easily able to feel the engagement point. :)
From my experience, I think the seats do break in.
Certainly after 3 months, they feel more comfortable.

Could however be two things.
(1) Seats are breaking on, and the initial stiffness is breaking down a little.
(2) My Butt is getting use to it, and it is my butt that is getting broken in, and not the seat.
I do find the driver's seat far more comfortable than the passenger seat.
Maybe I am distracted by the fun of driving the car, or else its having one's legs & feet is a different position.

Not been on on any really long trips yet, ( greater than a few hours), but on the longer ones, I am still finding by butt goes to sleep !!

Kwocfam

First Name
Okie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I've had my car for about a year and the seats still hurt my back. Honestly, I think they car comparable to my 00 Civic seats. No lumbar support whatsoever.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've had my car for about a year and the seats still hurt my back. Honestly, I think they car comparable to my 00 Civic seats. No lumbar support whatsoever.
Just curious: for all the mods that people do on these cars, can't one buy just a little lumbar support item and put it in their car? Just seems like a natural addition if it's a legitimate concern.

Kwocfam

First Name
Okie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Just curious: for all the mods that people do on these cars, can't one buy just a little lumbar support item and put it in their car? Just seems like a natural addition if it's a legitimate concern.
Yes, a lumbar pillow have been on my mind since I bought the car, but finding one that I like is the hard part. It lacks lumbar support, but I have not found one small enough to put in my car. They're usually big and bulky for office use.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
For me it's not my lower back (I find the seats quite supportive, actually), but the aggressive bolsters. Now it doesn't help that I'm fluffy, so I can't really blame the seats. I really need to get my shit together and drop this extra weight I've gained.

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si coupe e38 bmw toyota fj60 triumph tr6 and 2 more
Country flag
I have a 32 inch waist and the the left bolster on the side of my left thigh is my only complaint

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 32 inch waist and the the left bolster on the side of my left thigh is my only complaint
Can you elaborate more? I've test-drove this twice for just a few minutes on end and this is the car I'm looking to put a deposit down for, and it is going to serve as a daily driver (long highway stretches and lots of traffic at times too, plus everything in between that should make this car fun). I am 5'10" and 150 lbs (32" waist) and am curious as to what you are feeling so that I am more informed. Thanks.

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Coupe, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you elaborate more? I've test-drove this twice for just a few minutes on end and this is the car I'm looking to put a deposit down for, and it is going to serve as a daily driver (long highway stretches and lots of traffic at times too, plus everything in between that should make this car fun). I am 5'10" and 150 lbs (32" waist) and am curious as to what you are feeling so that I am more informed. Thanks.
I'm by no means a small guy (5'10" 180lb) and the seats don't bother me. I have fairly large thighs and I don't think the bolsters are too aggressive. Maybe took a bit to get used to at first but they're pretty comfortable after a while.

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si coupe e38 bmw toyota fj60 triumph tr6 and 2 more
Country flag
For me there is a pressure point where say my jeans pocket ends on the left side of my leg that the bolster digs into....I find using the dead pedal or bending my left leg such that my foot is flat on the floor mat will help alleviate it. It's by no means a deal breaker and I'm a big fan of the seat and the cloth especially. My longest trip was around 180 miles mostly highway and I worked around that spot and was otherwise comfortable at the end of it.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
. . . During test driving and like the first 20 miles the driver seat was fine but now it is actually pain full on my ass (not the back) after about 4min of sitting on it. I checked the passenger seat and it feels perfectly fine.

Have you played with different seat adjustments? I found that it took a few weeks to work out the optimal seat height, front-back position, and tilt for driving comfort. Adjusting mirrors each time, lol.

For me, I ended up with the seat a little closer than normal, and a little more tilted back than normal. This put a little more bend in my left leg, which relieved a pressure point behind my left thigh. Your adjustment may be different, of course, but I have taken quite a few long road trips without discomfort.

I have not noticed much change to the seats in > 1 year of driving, so I would not count on much break-in. Good luck!

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
47,000 miles on my Si and I don't feel any change in the seats.
Sponsored