Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi guys--I couldn't find anything CTR specific by searching. I updated my audio system early last year with the 2018 update (07AAU-TGGA1A0). Is there one released for 2019? I can see there are USB update keys but I don't know what part number is the latest.
Sponsored

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you referring to the Garmin map updates or firmware/software for the whole unit? How frequently are they updated?

OP
OP
Gansan

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you referring to the Garmin map updates or firmware/software for the whole unit? How frequently are they updated?
Sorry, I had not seen your reply. I'm referring to the firmware update that is the OS, not the map updates. The Garmin map updates I was able to do myself by downloading the software and letting it compile the map update on a usb stick.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
How do we find out what version ours is on and how do we get it updated?

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Sorry, I had not seen your reply. I'm referring to the firmware update that is the OS, not the map updates. The Garmin map updates I was able to do myself by downloading the software and letting it compile the map update on a usb stick.
Old thread but did you ever find out how to check for the updates? Mine's a 2019 but I'm curious too.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
I assume this is something the service department does invisibly because AFAIK Honda considers the infotainment a black box to the consumer that does not need updates.
Something that crossed my mind as well, wasn't in a big hurry or anything. More curiosity than anything! Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
Gansan

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I had a subscription to Honda Service Express late last year, I checked the tech bulletins for any sign of an update and found nothing. It’s like five months later so I don’t know the latest.
Sponsored