Is the wiring I did to my civic a fire hazard?

PrimeAirGhost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
Sorry if this is the wrong thread or I’m not doing this all entirely right I’m new to this forum. I own a 2019 honda civic lx 2.0L base model and ive added drl’s, fog lights, and aftermarket side markers and I’m worried about it being a fire hazard. Ive got the drl’s wired to the left headlight drl connector. Then the sequential turn signals for both the drl and the side markers to both headlights turn signal connectors. And lastly my fog light’s outer led ring wired to the right headlight drl connector. I fed some heat shrink through all the wiring I added and used the marine heat shrink tubing around the exposed wire parts. I was thinking about taking it to a local mechanic to have them look and give their thoughts on it but I thought I would try here first.
Sponsored

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
Sorry if this is the wrong thread or I’m not doing this all entirely right I’m new to this forum. I own a 2019 honda civic lx 2.0L base model and ive added drl’s, fog lights, and aftermarket side markers and I’m worried about it being a fire hazard. Ive got the drl’s wired to the left headlight drl connector. Then the sequential turn signals for both the drl and the side markers to both headlights turn signal connectors. And lastly my fog light’s outer led ring wired to the right headlight drl connector. I fed some heat shrink through all the wiring I added and used the marine heat shrink tubing around the exposed wire parts. I was thinking about taking it to a local mechanic to have them look and give their thoughts on it but I thought I would try here first.
All of your new stuff is LED, correct?

LEDs pull very little current and as long as you have the connections well sealed and nothing shorts to ground, you will be fine.

And even if that happenorand/or something draws too much current it will just blow the fuse for that circuit.

Enjoy your new mods.

OP
OP

PrimeAirGhost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
Thanks @KensBlueGenX for the info. Everything I installed are LED’s and I have everything sealed up where the exposed wire was when I cut it. Again I appreciate the helpful info!