Is the "Type R" badge in the front grill, screwed in or stuck on with adhesive ?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm going to be replacing the front black grill piece, as this it the only part of the front fascia that wasn't applied with PPF when I first bought the car and has a couple of rock chips since then. I wanted a brand new piece for a PPF job.

Can I transfer the Type R badge over from the old grill (assuming it is screwed in), or do I need to buy another brand new badge (assuming it's a sticker)?

Thanks!
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
It is stuck on by tape. I would get a new one to save you the trouble in removing the old one and potentially damaging it.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is a DIY for the rear red badge. Sorry don’t have the front Badge replacement for an OEM front grill.

Great thanks... what about the red H badge in the middle?

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here is a DIY for the rear red badge. Sorry don’t have the front Badge replacement for an OEM front grill.
Didn't realize the rear H badge had an adhesive backing. I guess the front one will have adhesive as well? I thought these were just held down by screws lol.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Didn't realize the rear H badge had an adhesive backing. I guess the front one will have adhesive as well? I thought these were just held down by screws lol.
they are both adhesive.
the grille has 2 holes where the prongs on the emblem aligns and a lock collar pin/nut goes on the prongs.

tbh, your just better off buying new ones.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
They’re held on by adhesive and push tabs. Very, very fragile plastics ones at that.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks guys... will just buy new badges. Can't believe the prices on these things though. The "Type R" one lists at over $100 (though you can get it at around $70ish) too. The red "H" a little less expensive.

Sugamo2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; Toyota RAV4 XLE Hybrid
Country flag
Did you end up replacing your front grill? My front grill cracked and I'm looking to replace it. Someone may have backed into my car. :(

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you end up replacing your front grill? My front grill cracked and I'm looking to replace it. Someone may have backed into my car. :(
Man that sucks. I hit dead roadkill end of last year and incurred slight damage to the bumper/splitter. I got this new grill too since I wanted everything pristine going in at the same time lol. The bumper cover finally came in last week and have an appointment to replace the whole front end, last week of April. If your car is still driveable and can wait a month, I'll let you know when I replace.

Sugamo2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man that sucks. I hit dead roadkill end of last year and incurred slight damage to the bumper/splitter. I got this new grill too since I wanted everything pristine going in at the same time lol. The bumper cover finally came in last week and have an appointment to replace the whole front end, last week of April. If your car is still driveable and can wait a month, I'll let you know when I replace.

Yeah, it's terrible. I've been parking in Chelsea in Manhattan and thought people would be nice enough not to back into my car. I think someone with a high bumper or a tow hitch bumped into the red H logo and cracked the front piece grill. I guess, I'm still lucky I don't need a bumper repaint. How bad is your damage?

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah, it's terrible. I've been parking in Chelsea in Manhattan and thought people would be nice enough not to back into my car. I think someone with a high bumper or a tow hitch bumped into the red H logo and cracked the front piece grill. I guess, I'm still lucky I don't need a bumper repaint. How bad is your damage?
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...maged-by-roadkill-to-fix-or-not-to-fix.69954/

This is the "damage"; you can't even notice it unless you bent down and looked up close. If I was a pragmatic person, I wouldn't even bother replacing anything as wisely suggested by fellow members. But I have an issue with some severe OCD lol. Plus, it gave me an excuse to replace the grill while I was at it so that I can have PPF applied on a pristine surface (the PPF place I used after I bought the car applied the entire front end, except the black grill part).

The old grill has ceramic coating, and is in good condition with no damage (aside from the expected sandblasting/chip from 15k miles of use). You're brave for parking your car outside in Manhattan overnight, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night lol.

Sugamo2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...maged-by-roadkill-to-fix-or-not-to-fix.69954/

This is the "damage"; you can't even notice it unless you bent down and looked up close. If I was a pragmatic person, I wouldn't even bother replacing anything as wisely suggested by fellow members. But I have an issue with some severe OCD lol. Plus, it gave me an excuse to replace the grill while I was at it so that I can have PPF applied on a pristine surface (the PPF place I used after I bought the car applied the entire front end, except the black grill part).

The old grill has ceramic coating, and is in good condition with no damage (aside from the expected sandblasting/chip from 15k miles of use). You're brave for parking your car outside in Manhattan overnight, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night lol.

Yes, I believe you about your OCD. LoL. After someone scratched my rear bumper, I decided this is going to be part of living in the city. I actually store my car in Westchester at a friend's house. When I use my car for a few times a month and park it in the city, sure enough there will be something else that will happen to it. grr.

I thought about going through insurance and combining my rear scratch and my front damage. Not sure if they will cover both for 1 claim though.