is the tsp stage 1 non si map 3 bad for my car?

cc420

First Name
eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
today i installed the tsp stage 1 tune on my civic 2018 sport hatch 6mt i played around with the map 3 which i absolutely loved, but i was wondering how bad is it on my car and has it affected yours?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
paging @gtman...

The OTS tunes are relatively safe (look at GTman's tuning survey and you will see something like only 3% of all cars with tunes [included even more aggressive tunes] have had major failures) if you don't drive like an idiot all the time. If you go WOT all the time, don't let your engine warm up a little before driving aggressively, lugging your engine, etc... then yes Map 3 all the time will increase your chances of harming your engine, however driving like that without a tune will also probably harm your engine too.

Ex-t hammer

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T 6spd sold. Accord 2.0 10AT '18
Country flag
I would recommend to not run map 3 all the time especially below freezing temps. I think i read below 45 best to not run higher boost pressures, save your turbo and motor.

OP
OP
cc420

cc420

First Name
eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
paging @gtman...

The OTS tunes are relatively safe (look at GTman's tuning survey and you will see something like only 3% of all cars with tunes [included even more aggressive tunes] have had major failures) if you don't drive like an idiot all the time. If you go WOT all the time, don't let your engine warm up a little before driving aggressively, lugging your engine, etc... then yes Map 3 all the time will increase your chances of harming your engine, however driving like that without a tune will also probably harm your engine too.
thank you for your response good to know that my civic wont blow up.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend to not run map 3 all the time especially below freezing temps. I think i read below 45 best to not run higher boost pressures, save your turbo and motor.
Really a non-issue if you take it gentle at warmup and drive in a non-abusive way.

As an aside, it amazes me that I help everyone I can yet when I suggest adding their car to the tuning thread, it's ignored. Strange world we live in these days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cc420

cc420

First Name
eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really a non-issue if you take it gentle at warmup and drive in a non-abusive way.

As an aside, it amazes me that I help everyone I can yet when I suggest adding their car to the tuning thread, it's ignored. Strange world we live in these days.
im adding now but the thing is is that i tuned it today does it matter?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
im adding now but the thing is is that i tuned it today does it matter?
You can add your car anytime you've tuned. Then from time to time as you get more tuned miles, change tunes, add mods or need to add some experience notes, you add an additional new post in the thread.

The reason I prefer people add their cars early is that sometimes people mean to add it later on and forget. Each car added helps our community learn more and more about tuning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cc420

cc420

First Name
eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can add your car anytime you've tuned. Then from time to time as you get more tuned miles, change tunes, add mods or need to add some experience notes, you add an additional new post in the thread.

The reason I prefer people add their cars early is that sometimes people mean to add it later on and forget. Each car added helps our community learn more and more about tuning.
no problem just posted, thanks for your help your thread is very helpful will definitely go back to it
Sponsored