Is the rear USB charger add-on compatible with the CTR?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Can't say for certain, but based on the instructions I can't see why it wouldn't be compatible. May be worth popping that rear panel off quickly to check the clearance, but if it's stating compatibility for the regular 5dr it should work perfectly.

Last edited:
OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can't say for certain, but based on the instructions I can't see why it wouldn't be compatible. May be worth popping that rear panel off quickly to check the clearance, but if it's stating compatibility for the regular 5dr it should work perfectly.
I was wondering more on the electrical side of things. Just curious why on that College Hills Honda page, it states "... except Type R".

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
hell of a cover for those USBs... It's like the outdoor power outlets.
Anyways, I feel like the car doesn't enough juice for the front USB already, I don't know whether this Honda OE accessory would provide any larger throughput to charge anything meaningful (i.e.: modern smartphones)

Seabass' Fk8

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
My wife shook her head every time she sat in the back with my son because it didn't have any USB ports or 12v outlets for her to plug her phone or our mini fridge up to. I ended up buying an amazon adapter which was double sided taped to the bottom of the center console. The wire was a perfect length where you can tuck it under the center console along the passenger side up to the 12v outlet up front so 90% of it was hidden (picture below). It's worked out well as it has a QC3.0 USB quick charge port and 3-Qty. 2.4amp USB ports along with 3-qty 12v outlets. We now have plenty of power going to the back lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is the rear USB charger add-on compatible with the CTR? fk8 - usb ports

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
So the oem honda rear usb is for cars without the rear heated seats. But you can just mount them under the heaters. The electrical part(as with most of the oem honda stuff) is pretty straight forward and easy.

The part is listed for LX,EX, and EXL. But you can fit it there and it will work.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is the rear USB charger add-on compatible with the CTR? C793C6F5-2C12-44B6-9D55-068A4F8A01EE

Honda Civic 10th gen Is the rear USB charger add-on compatible with the CTR? 8272BC29-ADCA-4948-B744-772A5002721B

Honda Civic 10th gen Is the rear USB charger add-on compatible with the CTR? 760FD646-DF0A-436D-93C0-4018A8E90E44

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nice! Is this the same part that I posted initially? So I take it that the usb assembly isn't a lighter gray than the center tunnel? Looks better in your pics as the colors match.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I brought the oem Honda kit. I have a sport touring with black leather.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I brought the oem Honda kit. I have a sport touring with black leather.
I think all Civics, regardless of upholstery color, have the same colored center tunnel (dark gray), right? It's good that the center tunnel plastic and the USB assembly match in color, in real life. I was put off initially by the mismatch in the pic I posted above. Maybe I will rethink.

Jr9205

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys so I bought this kit and installed it but things got weird. I got a 2019 type r and took the risk of buying and installing and everything went smoothly until the next day. I noticed that my running lights and left turn signal (front only, back still works) do not work. I unplugged the 4 pin connector and it would trigger a green light enclosed in a clear case in the nearby area of the 4 pin connector, doing this brought back my running lights but still no turn signal. I've been messing with it for 3 days now and still can't figure the issue out. I'm going to keep messing with it until I get it all back into working order. Will update as I go or if anyone has some insight that would be appreciated

Jr9205

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So update, completely disregard everything. I had a loose connection from a previous mod and it was messing up everything. The USB kit works exactly as intended. Such a relief on my end to finally have the issue resolved.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So update, completely disregard everything. I had a loose connection from a previous mod and it was messing up everything. The USB kit works exactly as intended. Such a relief on my end to finally have the issue resolved.
So do the grays of the center tunnel from the CTR and the USB module match in color? Can you post pics? Or does it look identical to the pics posted above by bluehatch (sans the heated seat switches of course)? Thanks!

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
One design flaw with these USB port covers is that they don't flip up far enough. Even with the covers up as far as they will go, you have to crouch down in the rear seat to see where you're inserting the cable. Contrary to what the photo in the OP shows, the covers don't flip up all the way.

The covers need to flip up all the way, or perhaps making them flip down might have been a better design.
Sponsored

Last edited: