Is the Civic a girls car????

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last time I checked no car is operated with a persons genitalia. Mostly just hands and feet. So unless a car company specifically markets a vehicle for women assigning gender to any car is dumb. Drive what you want and enjoy.
Sponsored

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do you guys feel this new Civic is a girls car? See mostly girls driving these now at least in southern california.
Evently a troll. Someone who knows civic would never ask this question

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Well it's definitely not a macho car. If I had a hairy chest, then I'd probably be in a corvette or Viper. The civic coupe is no girls VW Rabbit, but then I don't feel particularly manly with it either. Maybe it's the small motor?

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
yes and we represent about 2% slice of the demographic
OP asked in a male dominated forum whether a Civic is a girl's car.

You meant this forum represents the male demographic, otherwise, you meant 98% of the demographic is female.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
As far as this US of A goes, I associate anything considered a "man's car" with a mullet haircut and chewing tobacco. So I would rather drive a gentle-man car a.k.a. a girl car. Besides, I'm so oozing with excess testosterone that I would feel equally comfortable and macho in a girly Beetle, Jeep, KIA Soul or a pink Land Rover. Or Honda Element, which I've heard was a gay car. :dunno: Not mentioning my CR-V that the salesman said his auntie drives (he wanted to steer me toward the V6 Accord that I also tried at that time).

OP
OP
Dying2Live

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
OP asked in a male dominated forum whether a Civic is a girl's car.

You meant this forum represents the male demographic, otherwise, you meant 98% of the demographic is female.
no i meant “this forum” as being people who heavily modify their cars represents a small slice of “average” civic owners. The fact it happens to be “male dominated” as you say is a given since any model car forum is typically male dominated.

Last edited:

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
One of coworkers specifically noted to me how my Civic hatch is definitely a man's car, probably because it's a 6MT .

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On a serious note, a feel like most of times when I see a car that I think is interesting there will be a woman behind the wheel. I think it is because I'm more interested in smaller, lighter cars and every "dude" where I live seems to prefer lifted trucks. GTI, Kia Stinger, Civic touring coupe, Audi A4s, BMW sedans, Cooper S 6MT (which is kind of feminine), the last of these I've seen have all been driven by women. I see very few Si's at all, but the majority of those have been driven by men. I've only ever seen two CTRs in the wild, both driven by men. I'm sure that is pretty reflective of the demographics for both of those models. There is a middle aged women who lives in the neighborhood over from me who has an Energy Green Pearl Si coupe. That is pretty awesome. All the young women in my office drive 9th Gen LX Civic sedans, but that's just because they are pretty cheap and perceived as reliable. Very scientific, I know. I'm sure someone at Honda has a demographic breakdown.

Elligal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe LX
do you guys feel this new Civic is a girls car? See mostly girls driving these now at least in southern california.
No! My last care was definitely a girls car. Tho. It wa a 2008 solara in blizzard pearl with cashmere interior! Lol no wonder my son didn't want to drive it. My taffeta white coupe is a great car for this hot mama!

highboltage55

First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just purchased a new Si however I have always felt that Civics are more masculine than their competitors (i.e. Corolla).

My previous ride was a ‘03 Corolla and not only did I purchase it from a Grandma, it has the “stigma” of a Granny’s car.

More impressed with Honda’s lines, they make a nice looking car (even the base trim is good looking).