amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hello everyone. First off I want to say that I don't race, I think it's silly. When people next to me try to outrun me, I pretty much just ignore them, I am not really interested in who has the faster car. Anyway, this morning I was dropping my son off to school, and apparently there was an older Si next to me. There is a light that is about a quarter of a mile where we make a left turn, and if you get stuck behind it there is a long wait, so I punched it to make the light before the arrow turns red.

Well, I didn't make the light, but my 14 year old son turns to me and says "Dad, the guy next to you tried to race you." I looked to my right and saw a grey Si stopped at the light, the guy was looking at me shaking his head. I'm not sure the year, it looked between a 2013 and 2015 model. It was rounded model with a spoiler and the DOHC VTEC logo in the back area. I asked my son "did I win?" My son said "you blew him away!"I than looked at him very sternly and said: "son, racing is stupid. I don't race, I was just trying to get to the light before it changes", all the while smiling inside.

Well, I guess that answers the question of is the 10th Generation Si faster than the previous generations
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
1. driving fast because youre racing is about as stupid as driving fast because youre trying to beat a light. tacing isnt stupid.

2. the 10th gen si is just barely faster than the 9th. stock vs stock, equally skilled drivers.. you would not "blow some1 away"

3. when i was a teenager, and my dad told me not to race because street racing is stupid and dangerous, i responded with "yes, i know, dad. dont worry". and you know what i did? i street raced daily lol it was the 90s and i was a teenager, i didnt care.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
stock for stock, the 8th, 9th, and 10th all run similar 1/4 mile times.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. driving fast because youre racing is about as stupid as driving fast because youre trying to beat a light. tacing isnt stupid.

2. the 10th gen si is just barely faster than the 9th. stock vs stock, equally skilled drivers.. you would not "blow some1 away"

3. when i was a teenager, and my dad told me not to race because street racing is stupid and dangerous, i responded with "yes, i know, dad. dont worry". and you know what i did? i street raced daily lol it was the 90s and i was a teenager, i didnt care.
1) You are right, I will give you that one
2) leaving someone behind 2 or 3 car lengths is blowing them away in my book
3) It would be irresponsible as a father not to tell his 14 year old son that racing is stupid, even if the boy at 18 does it anyway

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
a stock 10th g si will not take a stock 9th g si by 2 to 3 car lengths. either he wasnt racing you, or he wasnt good at shifting.

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
The 10th will get the jump on the 9th off the line, but from a roll the 9th might take it stock for stock.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Depends on your definition of "fast." The Si is more of a road car like the Miata. Much more capable once your turn the wheel. ;) Out of the box, it's considerably faster. And responds much more favorably to basic bolt-ons.

Case in point; C&D's lightning lap. 10 seconds behind the CTR, and a full 10-12 seconds ahead of the previous generation Si's, including Mugen's 2008 treatment with upgraded suspension/wheels/tires.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-times-historical-data

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is another one, Si 10th Gen Vs Si 9th Gen

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
a stock 10th g si will not take a stock 9th g si by 2 to 3 car lengths. either he wasnt racing you, or he wasnt good at shifting.
I can see you are really passionate about the 9th Gen. It is a great car, but let's not let passion cloud reason. You can see the two videos I have posted....

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I can see you are really passionate about the 9th Gen. It is a great car, but let's not let passion cloud reason. You can see the two videos I have posted....
im definitely not passionate about the 9th gen. im just speaking facts. the 10th gen is only slightly faster than the 9th. i owned a 9th and i thought it was a fun car but i didnt like it more than i like my 10 gen.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
im definitely not passionate about the 9th gen. im just speaking facts. the 10th gen is only slightly faster than the 9th. i owned a 9th and i thought it was a fun car but i didnt like it more than i like my 10 gen.
Agreed. Let's leave it there than

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
I’ve owned both and the 10th is only slightly faster than a 9th. The videos you posted can be driver mod differences. With that said, my 10th is definitely faster than my 9th, but I never tuned my 9th and my 10th currently has a stage 1 Vit tune so it’s night and day.

My 9th would definitely keep up or beat my 10th though because all my upgrades went towards suspension, tires, and brakes.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve owned both and the 10th is only slightly faster than a 9th. The videos you posted can be driver mod differences. With that said, my 10th is definitely faster than my 9th, but I never tuned my 9th and my 10th currently has a stage 1 Vit tune so it’s night and day.

My 9th would definitely keep up or beat my 10th though because all my upgrades went towards suspension, tires, and brakes.
Everyone, I think this kind of got out of hand. This was supposed to be more a lighthearted post, not a 9th Gen Vs 10th Gen. I thought it was kind of funny getting into an "unintentional" race with someone and trying to explain to my son that I wasn't racing. For all I know, my son may have thought the guy was racing me! Anyway, I didnt mean for this turn into this is faster than that post (maybe I should have used a different title!)

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Everyone, I think this kind of got out of hand. This was supposed to be more a lighthearted post, not a 9th Gen Vs 10th Gen. I thought it was kind of funny getting into an "unintentional" race with someone and trying to explain to my son that I wasn't racing. For all I know, my son may have thought the guy was racing me! Anyway, I didnt mean for this turn into this is faster than that post (maybe I should have used a different title!)
No worries bro. If you notice, we agree that the 10th is faster stock for stock. Definitely not taking it as bashing any gen. I like my 10th more than my 9th for sure.
Sponsored