IS MY CVT FAILING??

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What mods and how many track days did it tie or kill it? Thinking of trading this s*** in
Downpipe +f rontpipe, ethanol, intake, on a custom ktuner 21 psi map. 2 track days. Trade in for an R for serious track days. Or an si for budget build. Or a miata for actual track fun lol.
Sponsored

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok truu but wait when am I supposed to change the transmission fluid then? I heard 30,000 to 60,000 miles is when you should change it. And I’m not really sure but when I push the car hard it almost sounds like the car is mad at me. My knock control is good. My temps are good. I can’t think of else it could be other than my transmission either getting over heated or overworked or it could be a belt or something else I’m not seeing on my logs. I’d say sometimes it almost sounds like a supercharger lmao. I am only running a base map 6+psi tune and have no other mods.
Get behind the wheel of another CVT civic if you can. Its going to be very different from most other non CVT cars.

As far as recommended intervals consult the owners manual or preferably a trusted honda dealer tech. The car will have maintenance codes pop up on the dash when it recommends service. These account for driving style, length, cold starts. Ect... Id do it every 4 hours on track, but thats just a number I pulled out of my ass that feels good. The track is a different battlefield than any kind of daily driving.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok true but wait when am I supposed to change the transmission fluid then? I heard 30,000 to 60,000 miles is when you should change it.
The Maintenance minder will remind you. On my 1.5T Civic it's every two years or ever 24,000 miles, whatever comes first. But I've seen on the forum that the Interval in the US is longer, even though you guys have a lot states with hotter or colder temperatures than we have.

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
I changed my fluid at 41k miles and the fluid was still clear brown, and didnt smell at all, unlike conventional atf. There was alot of shmutz on the magnetic plug.
The Maintenance minder will remind you. On my 1.5T Civic it's every two years or ever 24,000 miles, whatever comes first. But I've seen on the forum that the Interval in the US is longer, even though you guys have a lot states with hotter or colder temperatures than we have.

OP
OP

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
*** UPDATE *** car is at place I bought from and had engine teared down from this problem since DEC 2020 and will see what happens. Dealer thinks it’s the head gasket that failed
Sponsored