spiikey1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
We bought a CVT model to test extensively with and put a serious amount of stress on it over the course of the year and four months that we had it. At levels above what we released to the public.

We've had our tunes on customer vehicles for over two years, some with extensive mileage put on them. They're proven safe.
Is there a list somewhere of your Australian dealers? Im assuming its on the website.

Thanks for getting back to me ^^^ :)
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Is there a list somewhere of your Australian dealers? Im assuming its on the website.

Thanks for getting back to me ^^^ :)
The dealer page has dealers who have submitted info. Also check your part number on the website before getting a unit.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sharing :) Is this safe for the CVT? Planning on installing the same mods.
20180704_164114.jpg
20180704_164114.jpg

20180704_163610.jpg
no, get the ktuner instead, you'll be much happier, as @gtman how his hondata experience is going

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I second that. Ktuner definitely offers way more for the CVT. It’s night and day as far as drivabilty adjustments. My +6 Hondata tune runs fine but I can't tweak part throttle response or get early turbo spool or change boost ramp like Ktuner can.

Zowee23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS
Country flag
I second that. Ktuner definitely offers way more for the CVT. It’s night and day as far as drivabilty adjustments. My +6 Hondata tune runs fine but I can't tweak part throttle response or get early turbo spool or change boost ramp like Ktuner can.
Does this mean that the CVT can only handle a max of 250 NM to be safe? How about HP? (the +21 psi of ktuner?) Sorry still new at this lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this mean that the CVT can only handle a max of 250 NM to be safe? How about HP? (the +21 psi of ktuner?) Sorry still new at this lol
250 NM is only 184 ft lbs of tq

Bucd

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sports Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the stage 2 tune (21 psi) from ktuner is roughly 203 whp and 270 nm which is about 199 ft lbs torque..

Xando

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What happens when going from drive to sport? Does it have any effect on any of the stages ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What happens when going from drive to sport? Does it have any effect on any of the stages ?
They'll function the same. In other words, Sport will put your at a higher rpm and more in the heart of the powerband. The difference being with a tune, power output will be much higher.

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Yea it's worth every cent.I have two CivicX ones a EXT CVT the other is a Sport Hatchback CVT both Custom tuned by @VitViper both have Boost by gear calibrations.
IMG_3851.JPG

I think your comment may have convinced me. I just got a 2019 Sport Hatch in April and it's a Black CVT as well. What were your initial thoughts? Regrets? The only thing is, 1) Kinda want to find an unlocked used one (I may have) 2) Warranty void.

Thanks for any insight!

AyePekkz

First Name
Charles Meyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan
Country flag
YES its worth it, YES its worth it, YES its worth it.....what are you waiting for. order it now.

Ok with that out of the way, I have a CVT and Im running an e85 blend custom tune and everything about it is amazing. I started out like you, kind of curious and bit the bullet. Ive ran the base tunes on the Ktuner v2 and have had a custom tune on 93 octane. Im now working through an e85 blend custom tune and each time the power has gotten better and better. they arent going to give you a base tune that will hurt your car and if you work with a good tuner, they will help you make power and protect your cvt at the same time. I use @VitViper and have on my older Civic SI as well.
Does anyone etune specifically cvt trans’s or does trans not matter when tuning?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score