Is Ktuner V2 worth it for a CVT?

brucildooo0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, I am making my mind if I should get the ktuner v2 for my 2017 Civic Coupe CVT?

Please give me your thoughts of if its worth it or should I focus mainly on visual mods?

THNX
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
well do you want to rice out your car or make it a little bit faster(14 second car)

is a tuner(Hondata/KTuner) worth the money? Sure is if you like power gains

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are running the turbo 1.5L engine you will have lots of improvement regardless of your transmission.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone, I am making my mind if I should get the ktuner v2 for my 2017 Civic Coupe CVT?

Please give me your thoughts of if its worth it or should I focus mainly on visual mods?

THNX
YES its worth it, YES its worth it, YES its worth it.....what are you waiting for. order it now.

Ok with that out of the way, I have a CVT and Im running an e85 blend custom tune and everything about it is amazing. I started out like you, kind of curious and bit the bullet. Ive ran the base tunes on the Ktuner v2 and have had a custom tune on 93 octane. Im now working through an e85 blend custom tune and each time the power has gotten better and better. they arent going to give you a base tune that will hurt your car and if you work with a good tuner, they will help you make power and protect your cvt at the same time. I use @VitViper and have on my older Civic SI as well.

JohnnyCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CVT CIVIC
Country flag
well do you want to rice out your car or make it a little bit faster(14 second car)

is a tuner(Hondata/KTuner) worth the money? Sure is if you like power gains
How close is the hondata if you costom tune it vs the ktuner?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
How close is the hondata if you costom tune it vs the ktuner?
CVT KTuner cars are significantly faster than FlashPro CVT cars as the FlashPro stuff has imposed very hard limits on how much boost/power you can make on the CVT cars. We're running KTuner CVT cars in the 23-24psi range reliably on ethanol blend fuels where as simple 91-93 octane FLashPro CVT cars get stuck as low as 16-18psi with no ability to tune out this OEM Honda behavior.

Rennokas

First Name
Renno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage, soon Civic 1.5t
CVT KTuner cars are significantly faster than FlashPro CVT cars as the FlashPro stuff has imposed very hard limits on how much boost/power you can make on the CVT cars. We're running KTuner CVT cars in the 23-24psi range reliably on ethanol blend fuels where as simple 91-93 octane FLashPro CVT cars get stuck as low as 16-18psi with no ability to tune out this OEM Honda behavior.
How much hp/tq would one expect with custom tune + stock internals ? Haven't seen many dyno pics :(

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much hp/tq would one expect with custom tune + stock internals ? Haven't seen many dyno pics :(
on Facebook he said 240-250 whp with blended fuel. dyno #s will vary anyhow on the CVT since there really isnt a standard way to get consistent runs out of the cvt.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think with a paddle shifter , we can get proper reading
Will it hold the gear, On my accord CVT, I cant remember if it held the gear on fast acceleration, I know I could paddle shift to whatever gear I wanted but can't remember if it stayed....

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
YES its worth it, YES its worth it, YES its worth it.....what are you waiting for. order it now.

Ok with that out of the way, I have a CVT and Im running an e85 blend custom tune and everything about it is amazing. I started out like you, kind of curious and bit the bullet. Ive ran the base tunes on the Ktuner v2 and have had a custom tune on 93 octane. Im now working through an e85 blend custom tune and each time the power has gotten better and better. they arent going to give you a base tune that will hurt your car and if you work with a good tuner, they will help you make power and protect your cvt at the same time. I use @VitViper and have on my older Civic SI as well.
Definitely the info I needed

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
Will it hold the gear, On my accord CVT, I cant remember if it held the gear on fast acceleration, I know I could paddle shift to whatever gear I wanted but can't remember if it stayed....
The sport mode on my hatch sport will stay in gear but downshifts on its own when its gets to a gear close to 2nd or 1st if thst makes sense

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do it bro. I got the V1 from one of the members. I'm running the custom tune stage 2. Amazing power this coupe has. Honda doesn't show its potential like the ktuner does. I love driving my car mow with the tune.

OP
OP

brucildooo0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for your responses!! I have decided tu buy the ktuner v2 for my civic CVT. The only question now is, if custome tunes are worth it if I only have 92 octane gasoline available in my country? And how would a custom tune would compare to the stage 2 base map with this gasoline (92 octane)?

Thank you

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks everyone for your responses!! I have decided tu buy the ktuner v2 for my civic CVT. The only question now is, if custome tunes are worth it if I only have 92 octane gasoline available in my country? And how would a custom tune would compare to the stage 2 base map with this gasoline (92 octane)?

Thank you
Well the base tunes are very good and run fine. Its a matter of what you want out of your car. a custom tune would be even better because the tuner would tune based on your fuel that you put in the car and not some across the board tune made for all types of fuels.
Sponsored