Is it worth getting a tune?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I flashed mine with KTuner at about 4,500 miles. Best mod I've done so far - really wakes up the little 1.5l :headbang:
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Start with picking up a KTuner. Run the basemaps. If you are still wanting, Purchase the TSP Stage 1 or Phearable tune (no god mode).

Both OTS tunes will support bolt ons.

Custom tune if going beyond the basics, bigger turbo, etc.

Don’t waste your money on a custom tune on a stock car.

OP
OP
Roachfacekilla
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si coupe
Country flag
Start with picking up a KTuner. Run the basemaps. If you are still wanting, Purchase the TSP Stage 1 or Phearable tune (no god mode).

Both OTS tunes will support bolt ons.

Custom tune if going beyond the basics, bigger turbo, etc.

Don’t waste your money on a custom tune on a stock car.
Thanks for the input. Just picked up the prl intake and waiting for the Prl front pipe and down pipe to be available

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Did you go race or street maf?

Also, I would have done it differently. Tuner/base tune first and then more if needed. Especially since you said you have never performance modded before.

With adding the dp, fp along with the intake you're almost forcing your hand in terms of needing a custom tune. You'll be spending a couple grand total. Plus you asked about reliability in your first post and FBO's can add more stress.

Instead, for less than $500, get a V1.2 and a TSP or Phearable ots tune combo. Along with your Cobra you'd have sizeable power gains.

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Honestly, the KTuner will give you the most bang for the buck.

I’m stock engine wise, running the Phearable tune and the car is plenty fast.

FloridaMan

First Name
Yuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Agree with above. Ktuner or Hondata first. I did my downpipe after self tuning it with a ktuner and they were both worth it. Remember to have fun and do your best!

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
1. Tuning device
2. Intercooler or cold air intake
3. whichever you didn’t buy in #2
4. Handling mods - lower springs/coil-overs
5. Wheels and tires
6. Exhaust
I agree with list. Another thing I would add is the hasport rmm, wheels and tires for 2019 si on down and lowering the car last.

bbp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I have a stock 2017 si and just got an appointment with Chris miller in Long Island. Not sure if it’s a bad move and will it have any negative affects on my car. I’m new to the modification game so any input would be greatly appreciated
Read reviews for Chris Miller

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Roachfacekilla before you do anything, i would HIGHLY recommend defining a goal for your car. What do you want to DO with this car? Track toy? Show car? A slightly sportier daily driver? This is probably the most important thing you should do, because those three very common goals require planning in order to be done economically. Its easy to unnecessarily dump a LOT of money into modding, because you dont have a plan or direction set.

That being said, what is your wrench level? How proficient are you with doing repairs/maintenance? If the answer is "not much" and you're not really interested in learning AND you were planning on letting Honda do all the maintenance, then that is something you should consider as well before you go tuning the car or adding bolt ons.
Sponsored