Is it worth building a Civic ex-t cvt

Young Major

First Name
Bobby Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe Mitsubishi Starion Esi-r
I’ve been considering moddifying my Civic but always been hesitant because of the cvt also I’m considering on saving for a 03 Cobra or 2013 Mustang Gt and just have that be my Build car
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It's all relative to your goals. If you're hoping to hit big power on your CVT, don't bother. If you just want a little extra pep and some cool sounds, an intake and a tuner basemap should be good for you.

This is a question that everyone runs into, regardless of their car. I have a '17 SI with a CAI, FMIC, and a tune. My goal is to have a beast, but there's a point of diminishing returns on my money. At that point, it would probably just be more cost effective to get a Type R (not to mention more reliable).

It's all relative to what you want.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
You are seriously debating whether to “build” a Honda with CVT vs. an actual Sports car

Use the Honda as the adult/smart/daily driver ... build a car worth building if you’re looking for fun.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You certainly can mod a CVT Civic. Just remember in terms of power and especially torque you can't go overboard. I’m running a 21.5 max psi tune on my CVT turbo Civic and it's a lot of fun. Upgrade the tires and rear sway and you have a nice little daily driver.
Sponsored