Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
of coursed I called my insurance im not an idiot....this post was only to hear about other people experiences and opinions on this situation
That makes no sense in the context of what was asked. There's only one person who can tell you if your vehicle is a total loss, and that's your insurance adjuster, making it a waste of time for anyone to guess (why folks are is just as baffling), as this isn't about opinions, it's fact-based mathematical analysis is used to determine a total loss, not random folks' opinions (just on that, you don't know any of these folks, so why exactly would you trust their opinions in the first place)?

I didn't call you an idiot, I said your post lacks common sense because it does.
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That makes no sense in the context of what was asked. There's only one person who can tell you if your vehicle is a total loss, and that's your insurance adjuster, making it a waste of time for anyone to guess (why folks are is just as baffling), as this isn't about opinions, it's fact-based mathematical analysis is used to determine a total loss, not random folks' opinions (just on that, you don't know any of these folks, so why exactly would you trust their opinions in the first place)?

I didn't call you an idiot, I said your post lacks common sense because it does.
lmao isnt it a waste of your time to comment on this thread then?

OP
OP

ItsJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback-CVT
Country flag

I mean you kind of wasted your time writing that paragraph of an explanation...

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
bruh its a forum site where people come and ask questions im sure he already talked to his insurance but whats the harm of asking others who might have been in the same situation?
  1. Why would anyone trust random folks online when you have no ability to verify their qualifications to make such assertions? By that ideology, we should all upload brain scans and ask random folks whether we have brain tumors - it simply lacks common sense.
  2. Total losses aren't determined by opinions, but through mathematical analysis by an insurance adjuster, of which is the only person who should be being asked the question
  3. Total losses depend on a wide range of variables, including the region the vehicle is in at the time of the accident, as labor rates and part prices differ from region to region.
There's a whole litany of things I can continue to list, but I've wasted enough of my time explaining what one would think would be common sense to all.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The OP asked for opinions from members here. No biggie. I don't see why you are going on and on about the logic or lack of logic behind his request. Like others have said, it's a discussion forum.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  1. Why would anyone trust random folks online when you have no ability to verify their qualifications to make such assertions? By that ideology, we should all upload brain scans and ask random folks whether we have brain tumors - it simply lacks common sense.
  2. Total losses aren't determined by opinions, but through mathematical analysis by an insurance adjuster, of which is the only person who should be being asked the question
  3. Total losses depend on a wide range of variables, including the region the vehicle is in at the time of the accident, as labor rates and part prices differ from region to region.
There's a whole litany of things I can continue to list, but I've wasted enough of my time explaining what one would think would be common sense to all.
alright everyone civicx is no longer used for questions not allowed ?

according to this guy we cant ask questions about anything since no one is an expert

so no more will these wheels fit?
how low can you go?
how wide of a tire you can go?
and for sure dont ask about a car accident

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The OP asked for opinions from members here. No biggie. I don't see why you are going on and on about the logic or lack of logic behind his request. Like others have said, it's a discussion forum.
nope nope not allowed no more questions! lmao

i do think its a troll account but im bored so ill mess with him

Last edited:
OP
OP

ItsJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
alright everyone civicx is no longer used for questions not allowed ?

according to this guy we cant ask questions about anything since no one is an expert

so no more will these wheels fit?
how low can you go?
how wide of a tire you can go?
and for sure dont ask about a car accident
LMAO

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyways sorry about your car man shit happens either you get it fixed or you get money for a new car as long as you didnt get injured its all good

OP
OP

ItsJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol why are u so upset dude? I'm asking for "opinions/thoughts" on this situation I am not going by what anyone says on here. no shit the insurance adjuster is the only one that will give me the answer. but I guess according to you we aren't allowed to ask question about anything.
anyways sorry about your car man shit happens either you get it fixed or you get money for a new car as long as you didnt get injured its all good
Appreciate Brother!

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
SO I didnt read everyone's comments, just the first page but as someone who works in the parts industry I can tell you the body damage alone is gonna be up there, before even considering labor and paint work. Front bumper, which is actually many peices, plus the hood and fenders. Then you have to assume the Ac condensor is damaged and probably leaked all the R1234YF which is super exspensive. The lights as well. And Id imagine any safety equipment would need to be replaced. Yeah, If I was a betting man, id say t-o-t-a-l-e-d.

OP
OP

ItsJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SO I didn't read everyone's comments, just the first page but as someone who works in the parts industry I can tell you the body damage alone is gonna be up there, before even considering labor and paint work. Front bumper, which is actually many pieces, plus the hood and fenders. Then you have to assume the Ac condenser is damaged and probably leaked all the R1234YF which is super expensive. The lights as well. And Id imagine any safety equipment would need to be replaced. Yeah, If I was a betting man, id say t-o-t-a-l-e-d.
Yeah I mean 3 adjusters(shit kept getting transferred to a new adjuster) including the one I have right now told me that it might be totaled just by pictures alone. one of them said even with it being a 2019, also I looked around and the value of my car can be anywhere form 16k-19k according to KBB or NADA. I mean not sure how accurate they are but it doesn't seem like it would be a hard number to reach in terms of repair to cost but well see tomorrow when I hear from my adjuster.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Why are you asking random people on the internet whether your car is totaled or not? Have some common sense and contact your insurance company, which is the only right answer to your question.

Nothing a single person says on here regarding your question matters, so again, why are you asking random people on the internet instead of doing what you're supposed to do [contact your insurance company]? Seriously folks, seriously...
Seriously, dude, why would you answer a thread without even reading the very first post? The OP mentions his insurance adjuster in his opening post, and then you advise him to contact insurance..... Seriously, man, read before you write.....SMH

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know nothing about the safety features that clearly don't seem to work very well. But I'm sure it's not cheap. I'd be very impressed if that's not totalled. But hey good luck with the claim if you don't want it back. I never want a car back with any damage they never seem the same after.
They really never are the same. I got my 2018 Si coupe without knowing it had been in a crash before. Now that I know, it’s hard to miss. The driver side rear quarter panel is what took the damage. I can see the paint lines where they tried to fade the paint together, the panel gaps aren’t quite right, some clips and other pieces are missing, and overall the car is just kinda missing some symmetry. Without knowing it’s been repaired, you probably wouldn’t tell but if you know, it’s really hard to ignore.