Totaled?

• Total voters

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Right, adjuster was surprised too, he asked if any dash lights came on I said yes not sure which ones. He said maybe they were meant to but didn’t. Then he said in the state of Texas they need to be replaced even if they didn’t deploy. If that was the case, for safety in assuming.
if i was to place a bet im going with its totaled...
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Of course airbags didn’t deploy. This was a very soft hit taken by the radiator/condenser and some front top engine parts plus hood. The bumper bar seems untouched so any sort of frame damage I would completely rule out. The car just wedged under the SUV.
Total or not depends on how badly the exhaust/turbo area was damaged. Can’t say for sure, but I see some chance it’s not a total loss to the insurance.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Damn, what sensitive parts/expensive parts are in the area of damage. I only really know the turbo is near there also someone said maybe ECU but I don’t know much about cars so I wouldn’t know tbh
Rad is shot, need a new hood, upper/lower bumper, a LOT of the mounting screws/harware/clips, grille extender x 2, emblem housing, crash bar, possible ds fender, bumper support mounts, foglight grille x 2, lower grille, there 2 rubber seals. I know the bodyshop won't reuse any of your old pieces no matter if it's not damaged

OP
OP

ItsJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback-CVT
Country flag
Rad is shot, need a new hood, upper/lower bumper, a LOT of the mounting screws/harware/clips, grille extender x 2, emblem housing, crash bar, possible ds fender, bumper support mounts, foglight grille x 2, lower grille, there 2 rubber seals. I know the bodyshop won't reuse any of your old pieces no matter if it's not damaged
do you think anything sitting behind radiator got damaged like turbo, exhaust? not sure what else is back there.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
do you think anything sitting behind radiator got damaged like turbo, exhaust? not sure what else is back there.
without seeing the vehicle in person or without having pictures in the above place where you mentioned, I'm not sure

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't we a had a thread about a guy who's CVT broke recently, because of the consequences that the pre-owner of his car had an accident with it?

So if there is a high risk that the CVT will get damaged by such an impact, then this would also tend towards a total loss.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Is it still running?
It doesn't look as bad to me as you might think. Seems the upper grill took most of the damage as you hit something taller than you so you dodged any major impacts to the chassis legs (Where the impact sensors are typically mounted). I don't know what it's valued at where you are, but if the engine is ok then I reckon this'll be put back on the road relatively quickly. These bonnets are really flimsy so it can make a milder accident look much worse.

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Why can't people just drive their cars? Y'all are making the case for self-driving cars every day.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Sorry about the accident. No one likes to be in accident no matter if it’s minor/major or who was at fault. I’m not good at body estimate so who knows but the $15k people suggested might be around the mark given theres electronics involved with the Honda Sensing. I wonder if the air bag sensors will be replaced given this was a front end accident but the bags didn’t go off. Would guess so.

Just thinking of the top of my head I’m guessing the turbo could be called in question as the radiator is pushed back so far. Hard to tell from pic though. Yes the radiator is fairly soft but there isn’t much room in front of the turbo. Any exhaust leak around the turbo?

I was looking at where the front fenders meet the A-pillars. It’s noticeably off. Not sure if the fenders just pushed back or if there’s possible frame damage. The good thing is that you had a straight impact vs an angle impact, figuring an angle impact is harder to fix if the frame is involved, just my thoughts from an accident I had years ago.

Hope it all gets settled to your satisfaction.

OP
OP

ItsJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry about the accident. No I’m likes to be in accident no matter if it’s minor or who was at fault.

I’m not good at body estimate so who knows but the $15k people suggested might be a little high but just guessing.

Just thinking of the tip of my head I’m guessing the turbo could be called in question as the radiator is pushed back so far. Hard to tell from pic though. Yes the radiator is fairly soft but there isn’t much room in from of the turbo. Any exhaust leak around the turbo?

I was looking at where the front fenders meet the A-pillars. It’s noticeably off. Not sure if the fenders just pushed back or if there’s possible frame damage. The hood thing is that you had a straight impact vs an angle impact, figuring an angle impact is harder to fix if the frame is involved, just my thoughts from an accident I had years ago.

Hope it all gets settled to your satisfaction.
I appreciate it brother! Car is getting looked at today finally but adjuster is really making it seem likes it’s totaled but we’ll see by the end of today.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
Why are you asking random people on the internet whether your car is totaled or not? Have some common sense and contact your insurance company, which is the only right answer to your question.

Nothing a single person says on here regarding your question matters, so again, why are you asking random people on the internet instead of doing what you're supposed to do [contact your insurance company]? Seriously folks, seriously...

OP
OP

ItsJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why are you asking random people on the internet whether your car is totaled or not? Have some common sense and contact your insurance company, which is the only right answer to your question.

Nothing a single person says on here regarding your question matters, so again, why are you asking random people on the internet instead of doing what you're supposed to do [contact your insurance company]? Seriously folks, seriously...
of coursed I called my insurance im not an idiot....this post was only to hear about other people experiences and opinions on this situation

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thankfully it was only the one car I hit, it was a brand new toyota tacoma. bumber probably moved a bit. other than that some broken plastic and some paint came off.
the tacoma has a weak rear frame and the bed is plastic so if the bed is cracked they normally get totaled because the frame will be in bad shape underneath. just depends on how hard you hit it.

source for weak beds i own a tacoma lol

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bruh its a forum site where people come and ask questions im sure he already talked to his insurance but whats the harm of asking others who might have been in the same situation?
Sponsored